Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Have you found the protected player list yet?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Have you found the protected player list yet?
Japanball.com reported that Orix gave them a list of 25 protected players. I can't find the list though. I did find out that it will be 25 Orix/ 20 Rakuten/ 20 Orix/ 20 Rakuten (selection of players).

If I find it, I'll send you a post. If you find it, could you post it? Thanks.
Comments
Orix Protected Players
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 5, 2004 8:56 AM | YBS Fan ]

The Orix Buffaloes announced their first round picks of protected players yesterday (November 4), showing up in today's Nikkan Sports for me to pass on to you. Sorry for the wait, but I prefer to wait for the official announcement rather than repeat the same old speculation for weeks (like Isobe was on and off this list several times over the past several weeks).

Pitcher
OBW Ohkubo Masanobu (0 W - 0 L, 0.00 ERA)
OBW Kawagoe Hidetaka (7-9, 4.17)
OBW Yamaguchi Kazuo (3-3, 3.80)
OBW Motoyanagi Kazuya (6-11, 5.61)
OBW Aiki Takashi (3-5, 5.36)
OKB Iwakuma Hisashi (15-2, 3.01)
OKB Yamamoto Shogo (3-1, 2.78)
OKB Takagi Yasunari (2-7, 4.87)
OKB Yoshikawa Katsunari (4-4, 2.82)
OKB Fukumori Kazuo (2-5, 5.18)

Catcher
OBW Hidaka Takeshi (.275 BA, 5 HR, 38 RBI)
OKB Fujii Akihito (.241, 1, 20)

Infield
OBW Gotoh Mitsutaka (.259, 1, 18)
OBW Shiozaki Makoto (.341, 8, 39)
OBW Hirano Keiichi (.279, 6, 39)
OBW Ohshima Koichi (.263, 0, 10)
OKB Kitagawa Hirotoshi (.303, 20, 88)
OKB Mizuguchi Eiji (.293, 6, 40)
OKB Abe Masahiro (.247, 7, 50)
OKB Nakamura Norihiro (.274, 19, 66)
OKB Yoshioka Yuji (.000, 0, 0)

Outfield
OBW Tani Yoshitomo (.317, 15, 63)
OBW Muramatsu Arihito (.320, 6, 51)
OBW Aikawa Ryota (.273, 3, 15)
OBW Mukae Yuichiro (.267, 5, 14)

Numbers following the players' names are for the 2004 season at ichi-gun.

Expect Orix to trade Iwakuma soon (he's been highly critical of the merger) and an income from Nakamura's posting.

The next phase of dividing up players will be on November 8 when Rakuen selects 20 players who were not protected, then alternating to Orix, Rakuten, ... selecting 20 players each until the remaining players have been divided up. That's this year's version of an "expansion draft."
Re: Orix Protected Players
[ Author: Guest: steve | Posted: Nov 5, 2004 8:48 PM ]

Thank you!

So do you think Isobe will be picked up by Rakuten or is free to go do what he has to do? Also, did Ohshima and Mizuguchi file for free agency or did they turn it down to stay with the merged group? Did I read the free agent list wrong?

Do you have any opinions on who will be part of the Rakuten 20?
Division/Expansion Draft?
[ Author: Guest: steve | Posted: Nov 9, 2004 12:19 AM ]

Did you see the whole list yet? Orix went heavy on Blue Wave players. Do you think there is any reason for that (i.e. easier to sign, more familiar with the prospects, etc.)? According to the records, Kintetsu has the better talent.

Please explain if you can!
Division/Expansion Draft Completed
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.