Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Notice for Game Broadcasts?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Notice for Game Broadcasts?
I understand that broadcasting baseball games from Japan isn't your main gig and that "real life" stuff dictates your schedule... and I hate to whine, but is there any way to get notice when you're going to do a game? Is there an e-mail list that you send a blast from to announce a broadcast? I check for updates every day or two, but I'm still missing games. Is there a secret handshake that nobody told me about?
Comments
Re: Notice for Game Broadcasts?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 7, 2008 2:19 PM | YBS Fan ]

You know, that's an excellent suggestion - to create a mailing list for when games will be broadcast. I'll set that up and add you as the first recipient. (Be expecting a test mailing this evening JST).

I know that the short notice has been a major problem for many people, and this is an excellent way to help get around that, as people tend to check their mail more often than obscure niche-market web sites.

This is how this site has evolved over the years, by not just voicing a complaint (which I don't take this to be), but by suggesting a viable solution.

Thank you.
[ Author: Guest: Hector | Posted: May 7, 2008 8:53 PM ]

Would you be kind enough to add me to that list as well? I check this site everyday for updated information as well as hoping to find out if you will be broadcasting a game. I'm particularly interested in the Seibu Lions.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 7, 2008 11:09 PM | YBS Fan ]

OK, Hector, I'd like to. However, you're not logged in and didn't include an e-mail address to add.

To all who would like to join such a mailing list, please post your e-mail address and I'll add you. (Your post will be deleted unless you have something more to say (in which case I'll just remove the e-mail address), so your e-mail address will be safe from web crawlers.

I'm excited that there's such an interest in listening live instead of downloading the podcast and listening at your leisure.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: May 8, 2008 6:09 AM | SFT Fan ]

Maybe this will help me keep up with Pro Yakyu Live myself. I've been busy with school and not having a computer has really hurt both my ability to help with PYL and my writing for the Hawks.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.