Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese Baseball Uniform Book

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japanese Baseball Uniform Book
I am trying to find a Japanese book called "History of Japanese Baseball Uniforms." I don't know the author. Anyone heard of it or know where I can get it? E-mail me at audrey atMark ebbets d0t com.

Thanks.
Comments
Re: Japanese Baseball Uniform Book
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 13, 2008 10:40 AM | YBS Fan ]

The author of the book you're referring to has a home page here. The book itself is available from Amazon Japan here.

I'm pleased to see that Ebbets Flannels has removed the controversial mirror-image Osaka/Hanshin Tiger goods (misrepresented as "authentic"). I sincerely hope that you're better able to work together with Japanese ball clubs in the future. (Talk with some of the Pacific League teams in particular. You'll find that many of them are much more forward thinking than your experience may have been in the past.)
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Aug 13, 2008 6:28 PM | HT Fan ]

- I sincerely hope that you're better able to work together with Japanese ball clubs in the future...

Well yes, but I suspect they just want the book to copy the designs.
[ Author: Rocksfan | Posted: Aug 13, 2008 7:12 PM | CHU Fan ]

I bought that book last year from YakyuShop. I'd shoot them an e-mail and ask about it, even though it's no longer listed on their site.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.