Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Orix Buffalos on November 14th

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Orix Buffalos on November 14th
Hi,

I'm traveling with a group to Japan on the 14th of November and the tour group has put together a trip to see the Buffaloes take on the Lotte Marines on the night of the 14th.

From what I gather, the baseball season ends in Japan in October. I also looked on the Buffalos' schedule and it has nothing listed for this night.

Could someone clarify if there is actually a game that night or if this is an error in the scheduling from our tour group?

Also, how easy would it be for me to get my own ticket rather than me traveling with the entire tour group?

Thank you.
Comments
Re: Orix Buffalos on November 14th
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Oct 5, 2008 10:43 AM ]

As you said, the baseball season ends in October. So I can't envision why there would be a game on November 14th. Perhaps there is some type of training for the next World Baseball Classic or something, but in that case I have no idea why two pro teams would be playing against each other.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 5, 2008 11:40 AM | YBS Fan ]

My first thought was that it was for the Fall Phoenix League. But that's an educational league for farm players between October 7 to 23. In favor of that idea is that on October 14 the Buffaloes' ni-gun (farm) team, Surpass, takes on the Marines (ni-gun team) at Sun Marine Stadium. Are you positive about the month?

The other possibility is a fan appreciation day as these are often held in November. The Buffaloes are holding theirs (Bs Fan-Festa 2008) on November 24 at Kyocera Dome. Besides the wrong date, these don't tend to be games against an opposing team but rather events where players and fans can mingle with one another.

I'm afraid that I need a little more information to track down what this is about. From the details so far, it just sounds like a Fall scrimmage game.
[ Author: Guest: Yada | Posted: Oct 6, 2008 8:46 PM ]

Thanks Folks,

From what I'm gathering this has to be some sort of exhibition game or the tour group I'm going with is completely wrong on the details of their trip options.

I think I'll hold off until I get to Japan and if a game is available to be seen that evening, then I'll check one out.

Thanks for all of the help.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Oct 7, 2008 9:24 AM | YOK Fan ]

Unless Kinchan and the Golden Golds are in town, then I don't think that there's any baseball happening at the Kyocera Dome. Must've been an error from your tour group.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Oct 7, 2008 3:13 PM ]

The Masters League (old timer's pro league) does open its season on Nov 14, but in Sapporo Dome.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 14, 2008 10:16 PM ]

The Asia Series is being played in Tokyo Dome on Nov. 14th. So, at least you do have a baseball option. And an interesting one, as this game will feature the Japan Series champs.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.