Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2009 Tokyo Giants Schedule?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
2009 Tokyo Giants Schedule?
I will be in Tokyo from March 28 to April 4, 2009 and am trying to find out if the Tokyo Giants have any games at the Tokyo Dome during that period. Can anyone help?
Comments
Re: 2009 Tokyo Giants Schedule?
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Nov 7, 2008 11:00 AM | YOK Fan ]

The FAQ section should have all the information you need.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 7, 2008 2:24 PM | YBS Fan ]

As mentioned above, this is a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ).

Assuming you have read that now, it should be noted that the end of March/beginning of April is generally the beginning of the season, so chances are that there will be a game some time during your stay in Tokyo.

I hope you have a pleasant trip.
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Nov 7, 2008 11:44 PM ]

Teams that finish in the A class usually start the season at home. Although the official schedule won't be out for some time, chances are there will be a series starting at Tokyo Dome on or around the 28th. Good timing! Being the opening series, however, I'm not sure how easy it will be to get tickets.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Nov 9, 2008 12:16 AM | NIP Fan ]

If you are not dead set on seeing the Giants, and just want to see a baseball game in the Tokyo area around then, I guarantee you that there will be home games going on with some team, be it the Tokyo Yakult Swallows, Seibu Lions, Chiba Lotte Marines, or Yokohama BayStars, all of which can be gotten to within an hour or so of most places in Tokyo.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.