Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Matthew Garrett?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Matthew Garrett?
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone is able to help confirm if anyone remembers if the following foreign baseball player played for Seibu Lions at some point around 1994-'95? His name is Matthew Garrett, and I believe he was an infielder.
Comments
Re: Matthew Garrett?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 26, 2008 11:20 AM | YBS Fan ]

Foreign players for the Lions through the 1990s included:
    1991 Ray Young (P)
    1993 Jose Tolentino (OF)
    1994 Rod Brewer (OF)
    1995 Orestes Destrade (IF)
    1995 Darrin Jackson (OF)
    1996 Scott Cooper (IF)
    1997 Brain Givens (P)
    1997 Robert Wishnevski (P)
    1997 Domingo Martinez (IF)
    1997 Rudy Pemberton (OF)
    1998 Rudy Pemberton (OF)
    1998 Terry Bross (P)
    1998 Brain Raabe (IF)
    1999 Giovanni Carrara (P)
    1999 Barry Manuel (P)
    1999 Archi Cianfrocco (IF)
    1999 Alan Zinter (IF)
    1999 Greg Blosser (OF)
    1999 Corey Paul (OF)
Nope, I don't see any Matthew Garrett with the Lions in the 1990s. And his name is not in the "Baseball Encyclopedia," so if he were with any Japanese team, he either used a nickname or did not appear with the top team.

Furthermore, I don't see the name Garrett in either my KBO (Korea) nor CPBL/TML (Taiwan) databases. That doesn't mean he hasn't played in either of those leagues either, just that I don't a record of anyone with such a last name.

Sorry I can be of more help.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Nov 27, 2008 1:41 AM | NIP Fan ]

Well, wait a minute. That isn't a complete list of foreign Seibu players from the 1990's, because offhand I don't see Mike Pagliarulo (who played for the top team in 1994). I don't really know who all of the foreign Seibu players were, obviously, but that one came to mind.

That said, I don't see a Matt Garrett listed on Gary Garland's site either.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 29, 2008 12:08 AM ]

Thanks for the replies.

I do know that a player called Kazou Matsui joined the Lions about a year after, but that's all the info I know at the moment.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.