Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2009 NPB Gaijin Report?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
2009 NPB Gaijin Report?
Can anyone put together a complete list of the gaikokujin players that will be with each of the 12 NPB teams for 2009? Seems like a few players that were on teams in 2008 have been replaced already with new faces. Remember, each team should have a total of 4 foreigners, 2 position players and 2 pitchers.

Thanks in advance.
Comments
Re: 2009 NPB Gaijin Report?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Nov 27, 2008 1:30 AM | NIP Fan ]

Sure, someone can. I nominate you!

The teams haven't even remotely finalized their rosters for next year, so most of what would be put together at this point would merely be speculation anyway, I think.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Nov 27, 2008 10:12 AM | YOK Fan ]

If you look in the NPB News section of the boards, someone usually posts something when a foreign player signs with a Japanese team. That would be the best way to keep tabs on what teams sign new foreign players or re-sign their current ones, IMHO.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 1, 2008 1:23 PM | YBS Fan ]

Timmermann-san has a good start here.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.