Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ticket Question

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Ticket Question
OK, let me first say I read the FAQ on tickets and this is not another "how do you get tickets" question. Rather it is a question on two possible sources and your opinion.

The last time I went to Japan and saw a game ('05), my friend who lived there bought them at a 7-11 (it was a Giants home game against the Swallows).

I plan to come back in 2009 and will be in the Tokyo and Fukuoka areas. I want to see a SoftBank game (visitor is Nippon Ham) and a Yakult game (visitor is Kyojin). Both are in the third week of August.

So, I have two questions. Which tickets are sold at 7-11? Are there specific games or specific teams only? And would you recommend that route or just walking up to the stadium for the games I mentioned. And, if walk-up, how soon in advance?

Thanks!
Comments
Re: Ticket Question
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Dec 15, 2008 5:57 PM ]

7-11 and other convenience stores offer the tickets, but not every shop. Some have ticket machines, some don't. As far as I've seen, as long as they sell tickets then they sell tickets for every team.

When you say third week in August, you might want to check the dates of Obon. This is a several day holiday in Japan, so during this time you might need to get tickets well in advance.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Dec 15, 2008 6:47 PM | YOK Fan ]

Hmmm, It all depends on where you want to sit when you go to said games. Where do you exactly want to sit?
[ Author: Guest: Keith Kamachi | Posted: Dec 16, 2008 1:28 AM ]

Actually, I am not too concerned with where I sit. Best case, I'd like to sit as high and as close to home as possible to get a good view of the field and surroundings.

Last time we did the 7-11 thing, I was out in left field in the main concourse of the Tokyo dome on the lower level. It was nice to be that close to the field, but next time I'd like a more panoramic view. With that in mind, what source of tickets (7-11 or walk-up) do you recommend?

Good call on Obon. I'll keep that in mind.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Dec 16, 2008 3:46 AM | NIP Fan ]

I always buy tickets at Lawson's, but yeah, most of the convenience stores have some mechanism where you can buy tickets.

I doubt the Hawks-Fighters game will sell out, but Giants-Swallows might. I'm not sure when Obon is, but I know you mean the weekend of Aug. 21-23, which is actually kind of a busy baseball time in general.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Dec 18, 2008 9:41 AM | YOK Fan ]

I always get my tickets in advance, but if you don't want to do that, you could probably do a walk up for the Hawks game and maybe even the Swallows one, too. But my suggestion to you would be to get your tickets in advance for the Swallows against the Giants and do a walk up for the Hawks against the Fighters.

If you have any more questions you want to ask, feel free.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.