Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Complete Footage of the 2008 MLB Visits?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Complete Footage of the 2008 MLB Visits?
I live in the States and our local sports network shows Oakland Athletics games. Anyway, they broadcast some snippets of the A's exhibition game against the Giants from March/April. I looked on YouTube and saw some shots from the stands, but I was wondering if there is a DVD or a site with the entire games. If a DVD, please point me in the right direction as I have a region-free DVD player and can watch them.

ESPN over here played the Sox-Athletics games in their entirety, but none of the exhibition games. Thanks!
Comments
Re: Complete Footage of the 2008 MLB Visits?
[ Author: Rocksfan | Posted: Dec 15, 2008 11:10 PM | CHU Fan ]

MLB.com's video archive had some clips back in April, but I'm not sure if they're still there or not. The only way to watch the A's and Red Sox exhibition games against the Tigers and Giants in the States was to subscribe to MLB TV and see them streamed.
Re: Complete Footage of the 2008 MLB Visits?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Dec 16, 2008 5:14 AM | SFT Fan ]

MLB.com has the whole games up. To view them click the TV icon underneath "Multimedia." They are the whole games from what it looks like. Note it only works with Windows Media Player.

As for the actual Red Sox-A's game, I think the only way to view them is to pay for the MLB.TV service. Though it looks like you don't have to pay anything to watch the exhibition games, or at least it didn't give me a screen prompting me to subscribe to MLB.TV.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.