Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Dimensions of Ballparks

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Dimensions of Ballparks
Hi,

I was wondering what the dimensions are for the Sapporo Dome and Fullcast Miyagi Stadium (left field, left center, center, right center, right field)?

Since Miyagi Stadium is also a new ballpark, I wonder what its capacity is.
Comments
Re: Dimensions of Ballparks
[ Author: 20X6!! | Posted: Apr 6, 2005 2:23 AM | FSH Fan ]

This [Nichi-Bei Stadium Data] was the only site I found with all the stadiums in use for 2005.

The Sapporo Dome's dimensions are:
Poles: 100m
Alleys: 117.6m
Center: 122m

The only thing I could find on Fullcast Stadium Miyagi was:
Poles: 101.5m
Center 121.9m

(If you know feet better, multiply by 3.28.)
[ Author: Guest: Robert | Posted: Apr 7, 2005 4:24 AM ]

Thanks for the help. Stadium data for Japanese ballparks is so hard to find.
[ Author: Jingu Bleacher Bum | Posted: Apr 14, 2005 10:31 PM | YAK Fan ]

I just found this page with field info on a whole bunch of stadiums in Japan. [Japanese Professional Baseball Stadium Comparison Page]

Although the page is in Japanese, you can match up the team flags with their home stadium, and the numbers in the columns from left to right are:
  1. Center field
  2. Left + Right center field
  3. Left + Right field foul poles
  4. Outfield fence height
  5. Capacity
The numbers are as of 2003, before the Fighters moved to Sapporo, and before Miyagi Stadium was rebuilt into Fullcast Stadium Miyagi. Sapporo Dome and Miyagi Stadium dimensions respectively are in the second table.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.