Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Where the Orix BlueWave and the Kintetsu Buffaloes Merged?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Where the Orix BlueWave and the Kintetsu Buffaloes Merged?
Hello,

I remeber reading last year that the Orix BlueWave were having some serious financial problems and were about to go under. Did they merge with the Buffaloes?

About 2-3 years ago I saw a website with Ichiro's old Orix BlueWave jersey. I sure wish I would have bought that now.
Comments
Re: Where the Orix BlueWave and the Kintetsu Buffaloes Merged?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Apr 3, 2005 10:43 AM ]

The Orix BlueWave and the Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes did merge under very high opposition from both players and fans.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Apr 3, 2005 11:47 AM | HT Fan ]

Hi to a fellow Red Dwarf fan.

Yes they merged; they are now the Orix Buffaloes. Check out the reams of info on this site for details.
[ Author: Smeghead52 | Posted: Apr 4, 2005 10:53 AM ]

Thank you.

It looks like they're still playing in Osaka. Didn't the BlueWave play near Tokyo? I'm not sure. The BlueWave always seemed to have trouble with attendance if I remember. I will check out the information on this site, thanks.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Apr 4, 2005 8:50 PM | HAN Fan ]

Kintetsu played in Osaka Dome and the BlueWave in Kobe Green Stadium. The merged team plays mostly out of Osaka Dome.
[ Author: Smeghead52 | Posted: Apr 5, 2005 10:13 AM ]

Thank you, that's good to know. Do any of you know where in Japan the expansion team plays?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 5, 2005 1:30 PM | YBS Fan ]

You can look through the News and Open Talk sections for most of last year to get a fairly detailed description of what went on.

For a thorough review of the entire fiasco and everything else that happened in 2004, including the birth of a new team, please read this thread. It should answer pretty much all of your questions.
[ Author: Heian-794 | Posted: Apr 5, 2005 2:19 PM | HT Fan ]

Incidentally, Smeghead, the new team plays in Sendai. First team in Tohoku in several decades.
[ Author: Smeghead52 | Posted: Apr 6, 2005 2:20 PM ]

Well that was very helpful again. Thanks.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.