Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Cubillan and Ramirez Junior

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Cubillan and Ramirez Junior
Darwin Cubillan, Hanshin Tigers, has not pitched yet. Neither has Alex Ramirez Junior, Yakult. Did they go down to the minors?

Thanks for the information.

Luis Raul Villamizar
Comments
Re: Cubillan and Ramirez Junior
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 10, 2005 3:34 PM | YBS Fan ]

Neither is on the Disabled List [in Japanese].

To the best of my understanding, Alex Junior was signed to a ni-gun (farm) deal to keep Alex Senior with Yakult. So basically, they've agreed to help develop Junior for this year in hopes of getting results from both Junior and Senior in the future. Yokohama's Cedric was signed last year to a ni-gun contract, but was brought up mid-season and performed well. If Junior exceeds expectations on the farm, he may get called up before the season ends.

Darwin started the season at ni-gun and I guess he hasn't yet been called up. Williams, Sheets, and Spenser are three of the four allowed ichi-gun suketto, but I don't know why they aren't using the fourth slot. Do they have a Taiwanese pitcher that I'm missing? From what I've seen, Darwin has been doing fairly well on the farm.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Apr 10, 2005 6:23 PM | HAN Fan ]

Darwin did not do well in the pre-season and was not included on the starting line-up. To the best of my knowledge (and others may know more) he has not been used in the bullpen either. Jamie Brown has also not made an appearance.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Apr 11, 2005 12:56 AM ]

According to Hanshin's website [in Japanese], neither Cubillan nor Brown are on the top team.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Apr 11, 2005 8:42 AM | HAN Fan ]

Tigers fourth suketto is Lin Weizhu from Taiwan.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.