Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ishii not making to All - Star game!

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Ishii not making to All - Star game!
In my prespectives I think Ishii for the Los Angeles Dodgers should have made the team because he is leading the team with wins (12). What else does the managers want from him......He will never be Randy Johnson or Curt Schilling but he might be just as good as Tom Glavine.
Comments
Re: Ishii not making to All - Star game!
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Aug 17, 2002 6:59 AM | HT Fan ]

Hind sight is 20-20, but since the All-Star break, Ishii is 2 and 2 in 7 starts with a 5.12 ERA and 1.57 WHIP -- not exactly All-Star material.

Re: Ishii not making to All - Star game!
[ Author: Guest: Yankees4ever | Posted: Nov 5, 2002 12:48 AM ]

Well Ishii was hit by a deadly line drive, and he isn't really that healthy. The MLB doesnt want to injure players during an exhibition game.

On a side note, will North Americans be able to watch the series?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.