Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

White Sox Option Takatsu to Minors

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
White Sox Option Takatsu to Minors
The Chicago White Sox optioned pitcher Shingo Takatsu to AAA Charlotte. Takatsu was designated for assignment, July 18th. So far this year, Takatsu went 1-2 with a 5.97 ERA in 31 games. [White Sox Transactions - MLB.com]
Comments
Re: White Sox Option Takatsu to Minors
[ Author: himself | Posted: Jul 29, 2005 10:31 PM | FSH Fan ]

Were the White Sox unable to find a taker? Or were they just unable to get a deal done in time?

I know he is a disappointment this year, but how he still hasn't been moved yet is a bit beyond me.
Re: White Sox Option Takatsu to Minors
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 30, 2005 7:47 AM ]

- Were the White Sox unable to find a taker? Or were they just unable to get a deal done in time?

The Diamondbacks were rumored to be interested in Takatsu, though the White Sox were also hoping he would also accept an assignment to AAA. A deal could still happen, in my opinion, as the Diamondbacks' relief situation is a mess right now.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.