Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Post season

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Post season
Hi, I know every 2 years there is a series between Japan All Stars and MLB Stars and the last was a year ago. I would like to know if the Japanese stars are going to play some other teams (Taiwanese All Stars,... ) this fall.
I hope someone will help me
thanks

Marco
Comments
International Exhibition Games
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 28, 2001 1:01 PM ]

Good point, Marco-san. As a matter of fact, every other year the Japanese have a series against a Korean all star team. It just doesn't get as much notice as the Nichi-Bei (Japan-U.S.) series does.

Now that you mention it, it would be nice to have a three-way tournament with Taiwan in there as well. Perhaps even China and/or Russia?

But most focus this year will most likely be on the Baseball World Cup in Taiwan. Pros are to be admitted this year, so it should get a lot more press coverage than just the ametuer tournament of the past.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.