Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Live Scoreboards

Discussion in the Links forum
Live Scoreboards
Good morning from Germany.

First, thanks for all of the info about Japanese baseball. It helps a lot.

But I am looking for a good (live) scoreboard. Maybe you can advise me about something?

Greetings from the Baltic Sea.

Micha
Comments
Re: Live Scoreboards
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 18, 2007 12:29 AM | YBS Fan ]

There are a number of such services, all in Japanese.

The one I use the most is Yahoo! Japan. Scroll down to the section under the news and during games the links go to a live scoreboard. This is nice as it shows pitch location and more.

Nikkan Sports also has live scores, including live box scores, during the games. Unlike Yahoo! Japan, it tends to have the starting lineups up about 20 minutes before game time. Yahoo! doesn't have anything until the game has actually started.

There are others, such as on the official sites for the various teams. But they're all just variations of these two.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: Guest: micha | Posted: Jul 21, 2007 6:41 PM ]

Thanks for help. It is hardly possible for me to find good live scores (beside the clubs one), because i can't read or write Japanese.

But I think I can learn some of them to understand the live scores much better.

With regards - Micha
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 29, 2008 12:52 AM ]

This one [TBS - in Japanese] is decent. It has all of the games and links to detailed stats for each team.
[ Author: Guest: Maruzen | Posted: Mar 7, 2011 1:01 PM ]

You may have already seen this, but this looks promising: Flash Score - Baseball - Japan.

[Reviving old thread. Looks like it starts at the beginning of the season.]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.