Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

CPBL: Lions sign Jeriome Robertson

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
CPBL: Lions sign Jeriome Robertson
Former Major Leaguer Jeriome Robertson has been signed by the President Lions and assigned to their farm club to get adjusted to baseball in Taiwan before a callup. The 29 year old right handed pitcher was 1-6 with a 7.68 ERA in 11 games this season with the Norfolk Tides of the Triple-A International League.

In order to make room for Robertson outfielder Jayson Bass has been released. He was hitting .250 with one home run and three RBIs in eight games. Meanwhile Eric Cyr has pitched really well for the Leos this year. A member of Canada's World Baseball Classic team, Cyr is 9-4 with a 2.39 ERA in 16 starts.
Comments
Re: CPBL: Lions sign Jeriome Robertson
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jul 15, 2006 9:21 AM | SFT Fan ]

Robertson is pretty interesting, seeing as he had 15 wins in 2003 with the Astros.
[ Author: Guest: Alan Martin | Posted: Jul 17, 2006 7:55 AM ]

Jeriome Robertson is not a right hander. He is left handed. Since that 2003 season with Houston, he has been absolutely awful and has only been able to get jobs in AAA because he is left handed. If he were right handed he would be driving a truck by now.
[ Author: Guest: TIM A. ROBERTSON | Posted: Aug 18, 2006 11:47 PM ]

I would say that Jeriome is doing a great job in Taiwan considering his ERA is around 1.00 right now. He has given up no runs in 24 innings, and only 5 hits. I would find that hard to top, no matter what league you were in.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 22, 2007 1:13 AM ]

Jeriome Robertson's career with the Astros was ruined by Jimmy Williams playing his head games. Remember, Jeriome was a rookie when he won 15 games and the year before was the AAA Pacific Coast League picture of the year. Shame on Jimmy Williams. I hope he is out of baseball altogether.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.