Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kit Pellow Back in Asia

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
Kit Pellow Back in Asia
34 year old third baseman Kit Pellow is back in Asia, this time in Taiwan with the La New Bears. This season he hit .322 with 29 HRs and 83 RBIs in 94 games with Saraperos de Saltillo of the Triple-A Mexican League.

Pellow played one season with the Lotte Giants in the Korea Baseball Organization.

In order to make room on the roster the Bears released Gary Rath (12-5, 3.51 ERA in 26 games).
Comments
Re: Kit Pellow Back in Asia
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 14, 2007 10:30 AM ]

I don't understand why teams in Taiwan release players that are actually doing well. At least they should have waited until the season ended. This will only drive high caliber foreign players away from joining the league. I heard Jose Lima was close to signing with some team in the CPBL.

When is the CPBL going to realize they need to start keeping the players for their own good? If guys can last for years in Japan like Roberto Petagine, Tuffy Rhodes, etc., so can players like Rath survive in the CPBL.
[ Author: mondejoe | Posted: Sep 18, 2007 2:23 AM | YOK Fan ]

That's the CPBL. The Bears said they need hitting. I don't see why since they have Chen Chin-feng (.368, 24 HRs), Lin Chi-sheng (.304, 15 HRs) and Huang Long-yi (.287, 8 HRs).

Every team needs pitching but I guess the Bears believe in Yu Yu-wei (9-2, 2.30 ERA in 23 games). The Hanshin Tigers wanted to sign him after the 2006 season. Yu can throw 93 mph (150 km/h).
[ Author: Guest: tukutu | Posted: Sep 26, 2007 11:58 AM ]

He got an injury, so that says in the next post.f
[ Author: bigdaub | Posted: Sep 26, 2007 11:33 PM ]

Roth is hurt, that's why he was released. The CPBL has the habit of dumping foreign players once they are hurt.

The CPBL needs a lot of fixing, don't get me started. It's for another discussion.
[ Author: mondejoe | Posted: Sep 28, 2007 2:47 AM | YOK Fan ]

In 2005 Pellow hit .284 with 23 HRs and 69 RBIs in 109 games with the Giants in an all-star season.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.