Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Chin Hui Tsao

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
Chin Hui Tsao
Hello,

I was just curious, did Tsao ever play professionally in Taiwan? If so, does anyone have any stats on him, or could they tell me where to get them? If no stats are available, but you can confirm or disconfirm that he played professionally, that would work, too.
Comments
Re: Chin Hui Tsao
[ Author: Guest: joe | Posted: May 20, 2004 3:37 AM ]

Tsao left for the U.S.A. right after high school. He did not pitch in the Taiwanese professional league(s) at all.
[ Author: Guest: BC | Posted: May 23, 2004 2:32 PM ]

You know, that's a great question.

On this one web site that is currently down, it states that Tsao pitched for the "Fala" in 1999. He played in 3 games, pitched 11 innings, gave up 3 ER, K'd 14, and had an ERA of 2.45.

Given the fact that he was signed in October of '99, there's a chance he may have played some pro ball just for that summer prior to signing with the Rockies.

However, I can't find any other English web sites that can substantiate this info. If only we could read Chinese!
[ Author: Guest: BC | Posted: May 23, 2004 2:34 PM ]

Oops, forgot to post that web site for you [pitchers.idv.twLink]. It's currently down right now. But that was where I got my info on Tsao.
[ Author: Guest: kennywur | Posted: Jun 14, 2004 12:02 AM ]

Yes, he did play in TML for only three games.

1999.9.21: One destructive earthquake happened in Taiwan. So the TML invites the most powerful highschool pitcher, Tsao, to pitch a few games under charity activities.

[video]

The one who's number is 17 in the last segment of the above video is him.
[ Author: Guest: kennywur | Posted: Jun 14, 2004 12:03 AM ]

pitchers.idv.tw =>

You can find old link here [in Chinese].
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.