Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Where is Kevin Huang?

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
Where is Kevin Huang?
Why hasn't he reported to the Red Sox minor league team? I heard he was placed on the Red Sox restricted list. Just curious.
Comments
Re: Where is Kevin Huang?
[ Author: Guest: Tony | Posted: May 21, 2004 12:38 PM ]

I heard he was released and is in Taiwan perparing for the Olympics.
[ Author: Guest: BC | Posted: May 23, 2004 2:16 PM ]

I'm honestly a li'l surprised that the Red Sox let him go so soon. I mean, while his numbers at A-ball weren't overly impressive, this kid was only recently converted to a full time pitcher.

Oh well, hopefully he'll put his minor league experience to good use in preparation for the Olympics.
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: May 25, 2004 1:07 PM ]

Appearantly the Red Sox have given up on all the Asian players they ever signed: Kenichiro Kawabata, Ryo Kumagai, Sang-Hoon Lee, Jin Ho Cho, Seung Song, Sun Woo Kim, Tomo Ohka, etc. The list just keep goes on.

Anyone heard the rumor of Byung-Hyun Kim and Johnny Damon going to Seattle for Cha Seung Baek and Freddy Garcia?
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: May 26, 2004 1:31 AM | HT Fan ]

- Appearantly the Red Sox have given up on all the Asian players they ever signed: Kenichiro Kawabata, Ryo Kumagai, Sang-Hoon Lee, Jin Ho Cho [...]

Whatever happened to Ryo Kumagai? He was a good prospect coming out of college in Japan.

- Anyone heard the rumor of Byung-Hyun Kim and Johnny Damon going to Seattle for Cha Seung Baek and Freddy Garcia?

Yes, I've heard this, but the consensus is that the Mariners don't want to take on the remainder of Damon's contract. Also Kim is pretty risky at this point, and supposedly the only team that would take a chance on him is LA.
[ Author: Guest: louis | Posted: May 28, 2004 12:29 PM ]

Ryo is playing for the Elmira Pieoneers (don't know if the spelling is correct).
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: May 27, 2004 4:26 AM ]

- Anyone heard the rumor of Byung-Hyun Kim and Johnny Damon going to Seattle for Cha Seung Baek and Freddy Garcia?

Kim won't be going anywhere at the moment. He's back in Korea seeing a doctor. The Mariners don't want to trade for Damon. Baek is injured right now, and Freddy Garcia is doing too good right now.
[ Author: Guest: Tony | Posted: May 30, 2004 6:41 AM ]

Wasn't Huang named the Red Sox's No.15th prospect? How come he was still released? I'm surprised no other team signed him.
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: May 30, 2004 1:44 PM ]

Huang was their 15th best prospect two years ago, but never got past A ball. So I guess they gave up on him.
Johnny Damon Rumor
[ Author: Guest: Sully | Posted: Jun 2, 2004 6:29 AM ]

Damon and Kim going to Seattle is serious speculation. Right now Theo Epstein is more involved in sending Johnny Damon and players to be named to Oakland in exchange for Jermaine Dye.
Re: Johnny Damon Rumor
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 13, 2004 11:50 PM ]

No, the RedSox didn't release him. He is still a member of the RedSox. He can't play in the USA this year due to visa problems. So he has no option but come back to Taiwan. He is now practicing with National Training Team.
Re: Huang Released by the Red Sox
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Jul 1, 2004 7:12 PM ]

According to this article from last week, Red Sox released Kevin Huang. [Link - MLB.com]
Re: Huang Released by the Red Sox
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 6, 2004 2:05 PM ]

All in all, he didn't. Believe or not, it's up to you.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.