Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

CPBL pitcher Lin Ying-Jeh

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
CPBL pitcher Lin Ying-Jeh
Can someone give me more info on Macotos Cobras' lefty ace Lin Ying-jeh? Is he a rookie? Candidate for the Olympic team? Any info is appreciated.
Comments
Re: CPBL pitcher Lin Ying-Jeh
[ Author: Guest: Huang | Posted: May 29, 2004 7:54 AM ]

Yes, Lin Ying-jeh is a rookie and a candidate for the Olympic team since he is having such a fine season.

The 24 year old left hander is 6-5-0 with a 2.06 ERA in 12 games (all starts, 83.0 innings). He has gone very deep into ballgames, averaging 6.9 innings per start. Lin has three complete games and one shutout. He has allowed only 61 hits in 83 innings, walked 21, and struck out 86 batters for the Makoto Cobras.

Lin recently was the first player from the defunct Taiwan Major League (TML) to win the monthly pitching honour since the merger with the Chinese Professional Baseball League (CPBL).
Re: CPBL pitcher Lin Ying-Jeh
[ Author: Jen Wei | Posted: Jun 2, 2004 1:53 AM | HNHF Fan ]

Last year he had come to pitch. This season he is pitching solidly, and I think in a few years he will became a player in NPB or MLB.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.