Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Best Taiwanese Pitcher

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
Best Taiwanese Pitcher
Chang is in the NPB which is equal to Triple-A in the MLB minors. He has way better stats than both Tsao and Wang, and Wang is only in Double-A! So the best Taiwanese pitcher in the world isn't Tsao. It's Chang!
Comments
Re: Best Taiwanese Pitcher
[ Author: Guest: Frank | Posted: Jul 19, 2004 7:42 PM ]

Well, both Wang and Tsao had Tommy John since coming over to the States. And I don't know if I'll ever see Wang in pinstripes since Steinbrenner likes to trade all his prospect away every year for veterans to get ready for the post-season. Tsao, on the other hand, will get another shot at the Majors soon. But every pitcher is basically doomed if they're pitching at Colorado.
[ Author: Guest: BC | Posted: Jul 20, 2004 5:12 AM ]

Now that Tsao has a possible labrum tear in his throwing shoulder, it's most likely we won't see him compete against Chang for the #1 starter spot. Who do you think will take his Olympic roster spot?
[ Author: Guest: Tony | Posted: Jul 20, 2004 11:55 AM ]

I think Tsao might be able to make the Olympics since he said it should be fine with an injection. But if he doesn't, I think that either Kevin Huang, Huang Chia An, or Lo (Rockies) will take his place. And who knows? Tsu might change his mind about participating in the Olympics.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 22, 2004 8:36 AM ]

An MRI revealed that Tsao didn't have a torn labrum. [Link - MLB.com]
[ Author: invincible | Posted: Jul 22, 2004 4:03 PM ]

Yeah they said his chances of playing are slim to none. Taiwan is gonna be a lot weaker without him.

I heard the replacement for Tsao is either Kevin Huang or Hae Che-Tsian (lefty) of the Sinon Bulls. But Manager Tsu is full of crazy ideas, so who knows?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 30, 2004 1:49 AM ]

Now it could be likely that Tsao pitches in the Olympics. [Link - Denver Post]
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 5, 2004 2:24 AM ]

The Rockies said if Tsao can make it through a minor league game Monday he will go to the Olympics. [Link - Denver Post]
[ Author: Guest: BC | Posted: Aug 5, 2004 3:39 PM ]

Based on e-Taiwan News info, it looks like Hsu will pick 2 pitchers to possibly replace Tsao and Keng:

Seibu Lion says no

The pitching roster has already suffered two key blows: Hsu Ming-jei, a right-handed starter for the Seibu Lions in the Japanese professional league declined a spot on the team.

He admitted it was difficult to turn down his place on the national team but said it was more important at this point in his career to concentrate on his starting role with the Lions.

Another right-hander, Keng Po-hsuan, hurt his arm while pitching in the Haarlemse Cup tournament in the Netherlands this past week.

Hsu's backup plan is to send two more amateur pitchers - Lin Eng-yu and Hwang Chun-chung - to Italy and Greece instead of opting for local professional league hurlers. They would fill the final spots of Tsao and Keng are left behind.

[Full Article e-Taiwan News - in English]

Taiwan's Olympic Team
[ Author: Guest: joe | Posted: Aug 8, 2004 3:09 AM ]

It's official, Tsao is on the Taiwan National Team in Athens.
Re: Taiwan's Olympic Team
[ Author: Guest: Tony | Posted: Aug 9, 2004 12:50 PM ]

Yep. But they never said how many pitches he can throw or games he can play in.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.