Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Looking for CPBL Stats

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
Looking for CPBL Stats
Does anyone have a database of batting and pitching stats for the Taiwan leagues?
Comments
Re: Looking for CPBL Stats
[ Author: Mischa | Posted: Feb 23, 2009 10:23 AM | TYS Fan ]

I have one, but it's only up through 2006 and it's not in English.
Re: Looking for CPBL Stats
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:10 PM | YBS Fan ]

Sorry for the late response. Yet another busy weekend.

I track the CPBL. My 2008 data is available here [Google Docs]. If you want it in spreadsheet form, here it is in ODF (Open Document Format - an international standard that works on all platforms with Open Source office suites such as OpenOffice [all platforms], NeoOffice [Mac OS/X], KOffice [Linux, FreeBSD, others], and more).

I've made an appeal for help with my CPBL Stats Project in the past. Jackson Broder (of East Windup Chronicle) helped out with transliterating many of the Chinese names to the Latin alphabet. Otherwise, it's been many hours of scouring pages in Chinese (and often Japanese Wikipedia pages) for names.

Hope you find this useful. (And a short explanation of purpose would have been nice.)
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.