Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Sinon Bulls Sign P Javier Martinez

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
Sinon Bulls Sign P Javier Martinez
The Sinon Bulls have signed right handed pitcher Javier Martinez. The 27 year old went a combined 11-3 with a 3.31 ERA in 19 games with Leones de Yucatan and Diablos Rojos del Mexico of the Mexican League (Triple A).

The Bulls released OF Jorge Guzman after 10 games. He was batting .180 with 2 HRs and 9 RBIs. Guzman was signed to replace the struggling Wilton Veras.

However, I don't know why the Bulls released Pete LaForest over Veras. LaForet was batting .333 with 1 HR and 5 RBIs in 8 games with the Bulls minor league team at that time. The decision probably came down to loyalty as Veras was in his fourth season in the CPBL and had helped the Bulls win games in the past.
Comments
Re: Sinon Bulls Sign P Javier Martinez
[ Author: Guest: Gary Espadas | Posted: Sep 30, 2010 2:45 AM ]

Does anybody know, hows Javier doing there? his stats? hes my friend..everybody call here "the machine gun"
[ Author: mondejoe | Posted: Sep 30, 2010 7:00 AM | YOK Fan ]

He's 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA in 3 starts (12 innings) with the Bulls so far.
[ Author: Guest: TuKuTu | Posted: Oct 1, 2010 12:31 AM ]

Thank u! he went 11-3 with 2.93 ERA en LMB in mexico...are the lions playing playoff already?
[ Author: mondejoe | Posted: Oct 1, 2010 7:28 AM | YOK Fan ]

Unfortunately there will be no Taiwan Series for the Lions this year. Instead it will be the Bulls (with Martinez probably) and the Elephants.
[ Author: Guest: tukutu | Posted: Oct 1, 2010 7:58 AM ]

are the bulls in the playoff now? i was wondering if the season already finished? are there any place where can i watch the game of the bulls? i use to play with the china trust in 2004..thnk u so much for the in the information
[ Author: mondejoe | Posted: Oct 2, 2010 1:11 AM | YOK Fan ]

There's still a few games left in the season. But it will be the Bulls and Elephants in the Taiwan Series. After that the winner will face the KBO champions in a two-game series.

I don't know any websites where you can watch games.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 2, 2010 12:35 PM | YBS Fan ]

As for watching games, I see Taiwanese games on Justin.TV every now and them. Korean and Japanese games are often there, too.
[ Author: Guest: TuKuTu | Posted: Oct 5, 2010 2:19 AM ]

Thank u! may i ask the number of the channel or how can i find the right channel? or its too simple like a just enter there..?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.