Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

American Catcher in Asian Pro League?

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
American Catcher in Asian Pro League?
What are the chances of an Asian team taking an American catcher? And how would a professional American go about getting looks from one of their teams, besides a good agent?
Comments
Re: American Catcher in Asian Pro League?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jan 19, 2007 7:02 PM | SFT Fan ]

- What are the chances of an Asian team taking an American catcher?

It's very low due to the language barrier and communications differences. At catcher, communication and the ability to understand the native language, whether that is Japanese, Korean, or Taiwanese is viewed as very important.

While, this [Japan Baseball Daily] is for playing in Japan, it holds many of the same beliefs that would apply in Korea and Taiwan, and if you plan on playing in Japan has a lot of helpful tips and advice.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 19, 2007 11:52 PM | HAN Fan ]

For Japan and Korea players generally need a minimum AAA or Major League Baseballl background. In Taiwan, you might be able to slip in with AA experience.

Go to the Japan Baseball Daily that Jbroks sites in above post.
[ Author: Guest: T | Posted: Jan 20, 2007 1:42 AM ]

Yes, what kind of tips are there of how to get on an Asian team?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jan 20, 2007 10:34 AM | SFT Fan ]

- Yes, what kind of tips are there of how to get on an Asian team?

The above link gives you everything you basically need to know about getting signed with an Asian team.
[ Author: Guest: T | Posted: Jan 20, 2007 3:34 PM ]

The thing is, I have great stats professionally with references of ex-major and still major league players. I haven't made it to the big leagues but I have the times to second base and the hitting stats. I need help to get there though. If you think you can help me get over there, tell me and I'll give you my e-mail address. And if you can get me over there I'll make you my agent and give you 7 percent every year I play over there.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Jan 21, 2007 10:55 AM | HAN Fan ]

Have you played professionally anywhere?
Get some experience so scouts can see you.
Look for MLB/minor league tryout camps.
Also, try independent league tryouts - you won't get paid much but you need to be somewhere scouts can see you.
Where do you live and how old are you?
See my e-mail address on my profile.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.