Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Mexican League Stats?

Discussion in the Around Asia forum
Mexican League Stats?
Does anyone know where to find Mexican League statistics (online or off)? The reason I'm asking this is, I'm trying to assess the CPBL's difficulty level, and many CPBL players have played in Mexico.
Comments
Re: Mexican League Stats?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:22 AM | SFT Fan ]

- Does anyone know where to find Mexican League statistics (online or off)? The reason I'm asking this is, I'm trying to assess the CPBL's difficulty level, and many CPBL players have played in Mexico.

Well during the regular season you can find them at Minor League Baseball since the Mexican League is a AAA league in close affiliation with MLB.

Beyond that, Baseball Cube is a good bet for finding career stats for a assesment like you're seeking, though not all players have their Mexican League experience there. Though if you want a simple assessment, this is the best bet I know of.
[ Author: Michael | Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:38 AM | CLM Fan ]

Nelson, here are the sites for the Mexican League.The Mexican League is considered a Class AAA (one level below MLB) level Minor League; however, it acts more like an Independent Domestic League. Players are not recalled and demoted to the Mexican League from the MLB. They can have five non Mexican Nationals on their rosters, so it is truly their national league. It receives funding from the MLB, so I think that is where the Minor League classification comes from.

If you need help with stats from players who came from American Independent Leagues, please feel free to ask, and I will be happy to post the links.

P.S. When you have time, could you briefly go over the import rules for CPBL? My understanding is that the teams can call up and demote internationals up till August then they have to declare 3 of their players permanent 1st team members and no other changes can be made to their international players. Is this correct?
[ Author: NelsonChung | Posted: Feb 18, 2007 2:36 AM | NIP Fan ]

Thanks for replies. MiLB only has back to 2005, and I need at least to 2002. And it doesn't have SF, SH.

Baseball cube was great for finding player stats, but its team rosters for the Mexican League is very incomplete.

Baseball America is complete, but only for 2006. I wonder if I can get a copy of their almanac.

The Winter League is not the same as the AAA team. It's the Mexican Coast League (although I have no problem with Spanish).

Sorry, but I don't know the import rules for the CPBL, but I'm sure some here know. You might want to post a new thread because those people might not be reading this one.

Thanks.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Feb 18, 2007 12:56 PM | HAN Fan ]

Get a copy of the latest Mexican League Encyclopedia which has stats from 1937 to 2006.
[ Author: NelsonChung | Posted: Feb 19, 2007 12:29 PM | NIP Fan ]

- Get a copy of the latest Mexican League Encyclopedia which has stats from 1937 to 2006.

It only has till 2001. And it costs $50. Maybe I'll go to the library to check it out.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 18, 2007 2:30 PM | YBS Fan ]

If you're evaluating CPBL players as a whole, maybe this project can be of help. You don't need to be able to read Chinese to evaluate pitching and batting stats. Furthermore, many of the foreigners' names are in English, so you can extract their records if you like to compare them to known Minor and Major League data.

Hope this helps.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.