Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Spirits Question

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pro Yakyu Spirits Question
I've been playing the series for a few years now, and have a good understanding of everything going on in the game. But the one thing that I still don't get is in the pitcher/batter interface, what the heck are the little blue and pink squares that show up under the pitcher or batter's names and stats and change through out the course of the game? Sometimes it's some katakana, sometimes kanji. One that I see for pitchers a lot has, in katakana,

"SU RO - S"

I'm guessing this has something to do with the pitcher having a slow pitch, maybe a slow curve, or some slider. But these little boxes change and stuff. Anyone know what they are, how you use them if even possible, or even made a list of what they may mean? I've translated the sentence in the instruction manual that briefly talks about it, but it makes so sense to me.

Also, if anyone's interested, I found that you can change the pitcher camera or the batter canera by pressing in the right analog stick...now that I think about it, maybe it's the left stick. But either way, each stadium has different camera angles for the pitcher, it's pretty cool.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Spirits Question
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 3, 2005 3:05 AM ]

I also have a question regarding saving a game in Pennant Mode (Regular Pennant).

I save my game and when I click continue the next time I play, it does not call up my saved game.

Can someone please give me the proper steps to save.

Thanks,

Bob
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: May 3, 2005 4:17 AM | CLM Fan ]

The save option is one up from the exit button on Pennant Mode. You shouldn't have any problems. Exiting doesn't automatically save.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 3, 2005 4:53 AM ]

Thanks, I will give it a try!

Also, Is it possible to speed up pitches in the 'Easy Mode'? I like to play without batting cursor but the speed is a bit too slow.

Thanks,

Bob

[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: May 3, 2005 4:18 AM | CLM Fan ]

Those are player attributes. "Slow S" means slow starter. That means that the pitcher isn't very effective in the first 3 innings or so.
[ Author: jss328 | Posted: May 3, 2005 4:48 AM | CD Fan ]

Ah, I see, so nothing is actually activated. It is just attributes. Thanks!
[ Author: khendo | Posted: May 6, 2005 10:22 PM | YG Fan ]

I've been playing Pro Yakyu Spirits 2 for 2 weeks now, setting aside not being able to read Japanese, I enjoy the game. Have a question. What is the controller selection to make defenders dive for the ball? I understand that "triangle" is used to jump, however, I haven't figured out how to dive. Thanks.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 7, 2005 12:33 AM ]

I believe its the square button!

[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 22, 2005 5:53 AM ]

What button is turbo in the feild?
And can I change something where I can control the runners in pennant mode?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.