Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

BEST BASEBALL GAME AVAILABLE: PAWAPURO 12

Discussion in the Video Games forum
BEST BASEBALL GAME AVAILABLE: PAWAPURO 12
I follow most of the posts on this site fairly closely.

Pawapuro 12 is still the best baseball video game in the world.

Please offer your opinions on what I've just said HERE.
Comments
Re: BEST BASEBALL GAME AVAILABLE: PAWAPURO 12
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 3, 2005 8:47 AM ]

pawapuro is the best baseball game I have played so far ...way better then any of the american game available .
I must say that I have not played any other japanese games so far , but I'm planning on trying a couple more...and I'll be ready for the next version of pawapuro
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 3, 2005 10:33 AM ]

but pawapuro is like cutesy cartoon game isnt it?Im gonna check this game out though.
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 4, 2005 4:50 AM ]

Sorry Jom, I'm gonna have to disagree. Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2 is THE BEST BASEBALL GAME AVAILABLE. This game have everything:

Bloops
great physics of the ball
(if you make a bad jump when the ball is hit it will be a triple in an instant.)
Great player models
Great animation
Hard difficulty
Great pitching and batter interface
and a great franchise mode.

My only complain about thins game is that you can't rob a HR like in Pawapuro.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 5, 2005 9:25 AM ]

Skinz,

Out of all you listed, the only one Pawapuro arguably does not have is "great player models."

But personally, I like the cartoonish players. I think they're stylish. And the animation is incredibly life-like.

Here's my theory about Pawapuro's looks. Baseball is a deep, complex game. I believe that its a bit deeper and more complex than most other major sports - but that's just me.

To make the gameplay all that it can be, the player models have been streamlined. Now I don't know much about making video games. But I would bet that the "juice" conserved by not making the players photo-realistic has been put to good use in other places.

Pro Spirits 2 is also a Konami game, so I bet its pretty solid too.

Pawapuro has been around for nearly as long as Madden Football.

I just think a lot more (time, energy, experience, genius) has gone into the Pawapuro series up to this point.

But who knows what Konami has in store for the PS3?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 5, 2005 10:10 AM | CLM Fan ]

Playing with Chiba Lotte in a new attempt at Pennant Mode has made me love Pawapuro 12 now. I skipped the entire first season and went into season 2, because I wanted some freshness. I wanted new stats, new players, new trades, etc. I like the whole idea of trying to fill positions that are aging.

Anyway, I think the next Pawapuro on PS2 needs to of course stick with the big head style, but add some more details. There should be accessories like earrings for Kiyohara, gloves, long/short wrist bands, elbow braces, a crooked hat for Kroon, HAIR, etc. The game needs to come into the PS3 age in style. A lot of people won't like it, but it's something that needs to happen in order for progress to continue. It'd be nice if some Success players looked like themselves, too. P-12 was a pitching robot and he looked like a regular Japanese kid during games. I know it's part of the niche appeal, but it needs to end.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 6, 2005 2:36 AM ]

BigManZam,

How do you skip ahead in your season, in Pennant Mode?

Also, I agree with your recommendations for the next Pawapuro. I love the big head players, but they could use some more individual details.

Though I'm not sure who P-12 ("the pitching robot") is. I don't speak enough Japanese to play Success Mode.

Finally, I read somewhere else on this site that the only way to heal an injured player was to put him down in the minors for rehab. Do you just move him from from "Team 1" onto to "Team 2" and then he automatically heals? Or is there something more you need to do?

Hope you can help.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 6, 2005 4:30 AM | CLM Fan ]

Go to the schedule and skip ahead on the calender to the date you wish to skip to. Then press O and confirm the simulation. Not too hard.

Yeah, that's all you can do. They are automatically set to go to rehab. Technically, you can use some guys as pinch hitters or whatever, but the comp moves guys down no matter what, so I do that to keep it fair.

[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 6, 2005 4:51 AM ]

BigManZam, thank you.

Just to be clear. If I leave my injured player up on "Team 1," but I only use him as a pinch hitter/runner - will he still heal?

Or do I have to send him down to "Team 2" if I want him to fully recover?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 6, 2005 5:19 AM | CLM Fan ]

You HAVE to send him down or else he will be like that all season.
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 7, 2005 3:05 AM ]

Putted all my success mode players into an arrange team and simulate the season...those insane things lost like 10 games for the whole season...

it's pretty fun if u can make good players (not ones with all A's, those are too robotic like, my players all have their own characteristics like leadoff man would have only E power etc) and then watch them win

One big thing I wish would be in the later pawapuros are some fielding mistakes by the CPU outfielders...it's extremely extremely hard to get a triple even if the player has A speed and base running 4.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:36 AM ]

BigManZam,

Thanks for the clarification.

Shinigami,

I agree with you about the CPU outfielders. They play just a bit too perfectly.

But where do you find a player's Base Running ability? Obviously I know about Speed, but I'm not familiar with Base Running ability.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 7, 2005 8:54 PM ]

I think I found Base Running ability on my own.

It was kind of a stupid question. Sorry.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.