Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Little Purple Lines in Pawapuro?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Little Purple Lines in Pawapuro?
What are those little purple lines that you can toggle ON and OFF by pressing the SELECT button? They appear under certain players' names on many of the lineup menus.

Also, I'm wondering about the ultra-detailed player profiles. This is the screen that tells you things like whether a guy hits well with runners in scoring position, or whether he's extra tough to strike out.

For pitchers, this screen has 2 top rows of 5 boxes and 4 bottom rows of 6 boxes. That's 34 boxes.

For hitters, this screen also has 2 top rows of 5 boxes, but the 4th box in these top 2 rows is blank. The bottom 4 rows have 6 boxes each. So that's 32 boxes.

I believe these 66 boxes are the same for every player. It just depends whether a particular box is highlighted or activated for a particular player.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but if someone out there could translate these boxes it would be huge.

I've figured out most of the Pennant Mode menus on my own. But these 66 boxes are giving me trouble.
Comments
Re: Little Purple Lines in Pawapuro?
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 11, 2005 4:36 AM ]

Those are attributes to players. Bigman stated that a few posts back. Some pitchers have the Slow Starter attribute which means that start off slow in the 1-3 innings of play others have the long stamina or giving the bullpen some rest,etc. This is very important to create a accurate player.

Players like Rhodes,Cabrera, and any power hitters have the power skills and the strikeout attribute when the count goes to
0-2,1-2, or 3-2.

There's also the bunt skill,contact skill, block skills for catchers, etc. I don't know what all of them means, but they really help you out to put the right defensive positioning and accurate stats.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 11, 2005 4:38 AM | CLM Fan ]

I'll try to translate these and what they mean today.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 11, 2005 5:26 AM ]

BigManZam,

If you could translate those boxes, we non-Japanese-speaking Pawapuro fans would be eternally grateful. You are the Man.

But can anyone tell me what those little purple lines mean? They appear beneath certain players' names on some of the lineup menus. You can toggle them ON and OFF by pressing the SELECT button. What do they mean?
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 11, 2005 6:14 AM ]

about the purple line, dunno which one u're talking about, or maybe coz i never pressed select...lol

for the attributes, i can help with some...but seeing that i am a pretty lazy person...and it's in the middle of the federer-hewitt US open tennis match...i will just translate the top two rows right now...(thx to pawasuq.com, i dun have to turn on the game to look, making it a lot easier)

just doing the top two rows for pitcher for now...

5 boxes in 1st row, from left to right:

During pinch (tai pinch): with runners in scoring position, ball speed, control, and off-speed pitches' movements increases/decreases (cant exceed max speed tho). 3's normal, or no change, 4 = increase in those statss, 2 = decrease in those stats

Left batters: against left batters, ball speed, control, and off-speed pitches' movements increases/decreases (cant exceed max speed tho). 3's normal, or no change, 4 = increase in those statss, 2 = decrease in those stats

Against runners: with runners on bases, ball speed, control, and off-speed pitches' movements increases/decreases (cant exceed max speed tho). 3's normal, or no change, 4 = increase in those statss, 2 = decrease in those stats

Toughness: How tough it is to make a pitcher dizzy. 3 = normal, 2 = fewer hits, 4 = more hits to get pitcher to be dizzy.

Injury-prone: How injury prone's a player. 3 = normal, 2 = easier, 4 = harder to get injured.

2nd row:

Pop(?): 3 = normal, 4 = more pop on fastballs, 2 = less

Sharpness: sharper movements on off-speed pitches (only works for the pitcher's pitch with most movement. the numbers u get it

Quickness: With runners stealing base, the quickness to release the ball to throw the basestealer out. 4 = greater, 3 = normal...blah blah

Recovery: How long it takes pitchers to be able to throw again, same same for the numbers

Consistency: How consistent is the pitcher's stats. 4 = player's condition (the face) doesn't influence the stat as much, 3 = normal, 2 = inconsistent, when in best condition, pitches are a lot better, but tends to suck when they're in bad condition.

there are exact increases/decreases in stats on the pitcher's conditions, I'm too lazy to look it up right now. iirc

with consistency 3:
best condition - max speed, off-speed pitches movement + 2, stamina +20, control + 20
good - max speed - 3km/h, off speed movement + 1, stamnia + 10, control +10
normal - max speed - 5km/h, movement/stamina/control +/- 0
bad - max speed - 7km/h, movement - 1, stamina/control - 10
worst - max speed - 9km/h, movement - 2, stamina/control - 20

consistency 4:
best - max speed, movement +1.5, stamina/control + 15
good - max speed -2km/h, movement +1, stamina/control +10
normal - max speed -4, movement/stamina/control +/- 0
bad - max speed -6, movement -0.5, stamina/control - 5
worst - max speed -7, movement -1, stamina/control -10

consistency 2:
best - max speed, movement + 3, stamina/control +30
good - max speed -2, movement +2, stamina/control +20
normal - max speed -5, all other things the same
bad - max speed - max speed -9, movement -2, stamina/control -20
worst - max speed -13, movement -3, stamina/control -30

gotta go check, but i think those are the right stats for condition changes
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 11, 2005 8:14 AM ]

Thank you Shinigami.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 11, 2005 8:21 AM ]

Maybe BigManZam and/or Shinigami could contribute more over time...
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.