Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pawapuro Player Attributes

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pawapuro Player Attributes
I'll try my best to do the offensive ones right now. This goes from top left to right, then left to right again on the player menus.

Chance - Affects how well you bat while runners are in scoring position
Against Lefties - against left handed pitchers
Sub-Position - shows how good or bad you are at fielding your other positions, if you have any
Injuries - whether you are injury prone or not

Base stealing - reflects how well you can steal bases
Base running - how well you can run the bases
Throwing accuracy - how well you can hit your target
Stability - how stable your batting is regardless of your condition(???)

Average hitter - It's easier to get base hits
Power hitter - Easier to hit homeruns
Power slice - Easier to hit for power to the other side of the park.
Control slice - Easy to slap the ball to the other side ala Ichiro.
3 Hit - After getting two hits, it's easier to get a third hit.
2 strike - Easy to hit after getting two strikes. For guys with strike out ability, it only works on a full count.

Bunt - Easy to put down bunts
Infield hit - Can run to first base fast
Combo - Easy to hit when the previous batter got a hit
First pitch - Easy to hit on the first pitch in the strike zone
Chance maker - Can start rallies(???)
Strike out - Very hard to hit for contact after two strikes. Is eliminated after getting a full count.

Bases loaded - Easy to hit when bases are loaded
Sayonara - Easy to hit when you have a walk off chance
Come from behind - Easy to hit when you're losing
Pinch hitter - Easy to hit when pinch hitting
High ball hitter(in same block as LBH) - Easy to hit pitches up in the strike zone
Low ball hitter(in same block as HBH) - Easy to hit pitches low in the strike zone
Head sliding - Slides head first

Intimidator - Ability to weaken the attributes of opposing pitchers(???)
??? - Unknown
Laser beam - Can throw accurately from far away with a lot of power.
Top defender - Has good movement on defense with good foot movement. Can avoid double play break ups.
Block - Can block home plate well on cross plays
Catcher - Ability to strengthen the attributes of your pitchers

There are also a couple more attributes on the other screen. For example...

Home plate tackle - Ability to run into the catcher on cross plays to get the ball loose from the catcher's mit. Players with this attribute include Kiyohara, Rhodes, Benny, Zuleta, Ken Suzuki, Aikawa, Saeki, and MIKE ROMANO?!?

Double play break up - These guys can slide into the man turning a double play and break up the double play. Players with this ability are Muramatsu, Hirano, Lee, Motoki, and LaRocca.
Comments
Re: Pawapuro Player Attributes
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 11, 2005 2:03 PM ]

the ??? - easier for high fly balls to drop in between infield and outfield for base hits.

stability works same with pitcher's. depending on ur condition, the increase and decrease changes depending on how stable u are.

[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 11, 2005 2:11 PM ]

err...clicked post by accident...

chance maker - increases meet stat when no runners

Intimidator (pressure or force seems more fit imo) - weakens opposing pitcher's stats

block cancels out home plate tackles

also if u have laser beam but not throwing accuracy, long throws from outfield have a very high chance of becoming a wild throw. (a note for making players in success mode, if u cant have enuff exp. to get throwing accuracy, then u'd be better off without laser beam)
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 11, 2005 11:09 PM ]

Thanks to both, The enjoyment of these games have just increased.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 12, 2005 3:35 AM ]

Yes, thank you guys. This will make a world of difference for me too.

I think the only ones that you haven't been through yet are the bottom 4 rows for pitchers.
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 13, 2005 11:57 PM ]

omatase~~~

here's the rest of the pitchers' attributes

gyroball - faster, more pop fastball
low - better control with low pitches
heavy pitch - heavier ball, harder to launch it
light pitch (same place with heavy pitch) - easier for high fly balls
escape pitch - on wild pitch the balls wont stay in the middle of the plate
homerun pitch (same place with escape pitch) - on wild pitch balls stay in middle often
unclutch - abilities decreases if leading after 7 innings
walks - on 3 balls count easy to walk batters

clutch - becomes stronger in 3rd, 6th, and 9th inning. increase in pitches' movements and speed.
slowstarter - abilities decrease in first 3-4 innings if starting
Strikeouts - after two strikes, gains pop+4 and sharpness+4 attributes
runners check - better at checking runners
release motion - harder for opponents to see what pitch u're throwing
reflexes - easier to catch balls hitted back to the pitchers

luck - easier to win games (some say with this attribute ur teammates' batting stats improves, i aint so sure about it)
unlucky (same place with luck) - easier to lose games (batting decreases?)
short temper - instead of being dizzy, face will turn red, unlike dizzy, max speed wont drop, but control will drop A LOT
fighting spirit - balls heavier and cancels out batter's pressure
poker face - pitcher wont look tired even if stamina runs out
power allocation - stronger pitches to the top of the lineup and weaker pitches to the bottom of the lineup

intimidator/pressure/force - decreases batters' ability

there's some part i aint really that sure of, especially about fighting spirit and poker face, needa turn my game on later to check it out, will confirm later

enjoy~
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 14, 2005 12:32 AM ]

Thanks, Shinigami. Poker face is correct, there is no expression when the pitcher is in trouble. I think that the stamina bar don't blink red when he's hit a lot.

[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 14, 2005 1:53 AM ]

err, i meant the position of fighting spirit and poker face, not the effect...^^;

coz i didn't turn on my game to check the position, just based it from pawasuq.com, but they had the two attributes in the same place, so i aint sure if they're really there or if the game's positioning is really like that, coz fighting spirit and poker face can co-exist, unlike the high/low ball hitter or the lucky/unlucky attributes
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Sep 14, 2005 2:34 AM ]

oh, my fault
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 14, 2005 3:30 AM ]

Thank you again, Shinigami.

If you or BigManZam ever feel like it, it would be cool if you did the Extra Attribute screens too.

As BigManZam explained - for Hitters, this screen tells you stuff like whether a guy can barrel over the catcher at home or break up a double play at 2nd.

I'm not sure if pitchers have this screen too. I don't have my game on, and I don't feel like checking.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 14, 2005 5:37 AM ]

I just checked out pawasuq.com for the first time. I ran the site through an English translator.

Wow. Thank you Shinigami for mentioning this site.

I've been exploring Pawapuro sites with my English translator for quite a while, but pawasuq.com is one of the best I've seen.

I'm particularly excited about the Passwords section.
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 14, 2005 5:51 AM ]

the extra page is the same for pitchers and hitters, those are harders to get, and it doesn't fill out the full page, and some of them are CPU-only attributes

I'll see if I have the time later to turn on the game and look over each team's players to check them out

pawasuq.com is one of the best pawapuro page i've ever seen, it's pretty detailed, and even have a lot of people submitting strategies/methods to make good players in success and such.

some of the players the japanese guys made are monsters, if u like u can get their passwords and create an unbeatable team in pennant mode XD~~

my guys aint shabby as well...but in order to make monsters in success mode u need to have a hot spring facility for ur power town, and facilities come randomly, unless u do it on purpose, u wont always see a hot spring...so i wasn't able to make monsters. just take too much time to get all the right facilities.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.