Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Best Pawapuro version ?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Best Pawapuro version ?
was there ever a better version then Pawapuro 12 made ? ( gameplay, realism of stats etc...)
Comments
Re: Best Pawapuro version ?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 3:52 AM | CLM Fan ]

I used to like Pawapuro 11 Chouketteiban the best. I can't get back into it, though, because of the mit cursor. I'm so used to the new dot cursor, it's hard to go back to the mit.

A lot of people in Japan like Pawapuro 6 for N64 a lot. They also like Pawapuro 9 for PS2. Both games still have Ichiro and Hideki Matsui in them. Pawapuro 9 is the only PS2 version that I don't have. I'd like to pick it up in the future.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 4:16 AM ]

is the gameplay from Pawapuro 11 different then Pawapuro 12 ?

by the way, was there a Pawapuro version where pitchers threw more balls the Pwapuro 12 ?
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 5:27 AM ]

I've only played Pawapuro 11 Chouketteiban and Pawapuro 12. Both are great games. But I believe Pawapuro 12 significantly improves on Pawapuro 11.

I agree with BigManZam about the mit cursor. The new dot cursor feels more precise and seems more realistic.

The variety of player animations increased and the batted ball physics improved in 12.

Another thing I've noticed: In Pawapuro 11 Chouketteiban there were too many pop-ups behind homeplate that the catcher could easily grab. I don't think I've seen one of these yet in Pawapuro 12. I'd still like to see a few.

Overall though, I think the variety of batted balls has increased in Pawapuro 12, along with the physics.

I see more deep flyouts to the warning track in Pawapuro 12.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 5:45 AM | CLM Fan ]

Well, the game makes you focus. I didn't focus when I first got it, and I was hit hard. Now I'm doing just fine. I try to keep the ball low on batters like Johjima and I try to keep it high on guys like Rhodes. It also helps to really know the attributes of your team.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 6:26 AM ]

BigManZam, I agree.

Is there any way to see all of your players' individual attributes DURING a game? And can you see the individual attributes of your opponents DURING a game too?

For example, I'd like to check if the CPU hitter I'm about face is a high or a low ball hitter.

I think I might have seen a code somewhere that lets you see all of these individual player attributes, but I'm not sure.

I did see a code that lets you unlock all of the hidden stadiums, but I must be entering it in the wrong place because it never seems to work.

Although, one of my Hawks Pennant home games was randomly played at the field with people sitting on grassy hills behind the outfield walls. Very short fences too. Lots of HRs that game.

But I haven't seen that field again since then.

[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 12:04 PM ]

those stadiums are the nearby-town stadiums that each teams will play in for a few games every season.

to unlock all the hidden stadiums, in the main menu screen, press up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,start, and should hear a sound and that should unlock every stadium

for all players' attributes, u can either open a pennant and then look there, or go into data menu (the middle bottom one) and inside the first option (show password of original players), press up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right,L,R, and that should change u to all of the NPB teams' status page, and there u can see every player's attributes.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 3:09 PM | CLM Fan ]

Shinigami, you diabolical...
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 12:18 PM | CLM Fan ]

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, L1, R1, Start at the Press Start screen.

That game was played at a local stadium. They use names like Miyazaki, Nagano, etc. They use that particular small stadium for all those games. You have to really step up the pitching on those games.
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 3:56 PM ]

hmm, diabolical?? me? >__<

so i was wrong...didn't tried it myself, but saw it when looking at the complete guide, my memory suck as usual XD~~~
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 11:49 PM ]

Thank you guys.

Just to be clear:

I enter the stadium-unlock code at the Main Menu screen. UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, START.

But do I enter the player attribute-view code at the Press Start screen or where Shinigami said? UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, L1+R1.

I'm a little confused because each of you gave slightly different instructions.
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 1:05 AM ]

The attribute part i am very sure is in the place i mentioned.

so did the stadium thing work?
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 3:28 AM ]

Yes, the stadium thing worked. Thank you again.

You enter the stadium code on the Main Menu screen - where you choose to play Exhibition, Pennant, etc. Then when you go play an Exhibition game, you should see the new stadiums when you cycle through them.

I was entering the code in the wrong place before.

The player attribute code also worked for me.

When you're viewing the player attributes, I noticed that pressing SELECT rearranges all the guys on the team by position.

It also appears that the "O" and "X" buttons do something, but I'm not sure what. I pressed "O" on Johjima, and 3 boxes appeared. I was only allowed to select the 1st one (GREEN) though, the game would not let me pick the other 2 (BLUE and RED).

When I picked the 1st one, the cursor went up onto Johjima's attribute screen. I'd put the cursor on one of his attributes and some writing would appear on the bottom of the screen. But the game wouldn't let me do anything else.

What's this all about?
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 11:15 AM ]

that place is actually for u to get passwords for ur original players...

the first choice to is check the description of each attributes, the 2nd is to show the password and the last one is to delete ur characters

since these are the official players, there aint no passwords for them, and definitely u cant delete them...so they get blocked.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 18, 2005 5:10 AM ]

Thank you Shinigami.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.