Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

I'm about to give-up on this game

Discussion in the Video Games forum
I'm about to give-up on this game
I,m sorry , but I just don't get this game (Pawapuro 12.
I've tried to love it ...but I just cannot seem to be able to.
I thought that by getting a japanese baseball game I could get the realistic gameplay that american game just can't offer ...but I was wrong.
I have own the game for over 2 months now , and no matter what difficulty settings I am using, there's just no realistic gameplay.
Am I the only one who just doesnt get any walks ...no matter how patient I am at the plate ? I mean come on. walks are a very important thing in baseball ( more the 40% of all runs in a baseball game are created by walks).
and depending on what difficulty settings I use , I either get wayyy to many hits or not enough .
Even If I let the CPU take control of the pitching and batting ( and just basically play as manage-only) I don't even get reasltic scores and stats ...
I'm giving this game 2 more days ...if so , anybody interested in a gamecube version of Pawapuro 12 ? ( 50$ ).
Is Pro yakyu spirit 2(on the ps2) more realistic ?
Comments
Re: I'm about to give-up on this game
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 5:26 AM ]

Here are the settings that I began on. My offensive stats are way too high on these settings.

But the A.I. seems to adjust and the CPU scores a ton too . So even though my run and hit totals are too high, most games remain fun and competitive.

Even though your stats won't be realistic on these settings, I still recommend playing a bunch of games with them. They are the best ones to learn the game on:

Running: HARD or POWERFUL
Fielding: HARD or POWERFUL
Hitting: HARD
Pitching: NORMAL

At some point recently, these setting just started feeling too easy. So I switched to the following. These are the ones BigManZam uses too, I think. I've been getting much more realistic stats with these settings. **The problem is, in order to for these settings to be FUN - you've got to be quite good at the game:

Running: POWERFUL
Fielding: POWERFUL
Hitting: HARD
Pitching: HARD

My hit, run, HR, and strikeout totals are all looking good on these. The pitch counts vary, but all seem believable.

I still lose a lot on these settings, but I usually don't get completely trounced like I used to. I won a game 10-5 yesterday. It was a matchup between two of my created OB teams.

So I guess it comes down to whether you think you can stick it out long enough on the lower settings with unrealistic stats.

Eventually, you'll probably get good enough to be competitive on the higher settings. And if do, you'll be much happier with the stats.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 5:45 AM | CLM Fan ]

Pawapuro is a game that takes a while to fully understand the genius behind it. Each game is so different, it takes hours to fully understand how to tweak the game to your skill level. You have to put in some effort of your own. You have to analyze the final game stats and see what needs tweaking and what doesn't.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 5:51 AM ]

"Pawapuro is a game that takes a while to fully understand the genius behind it."

Here, here.

Hey BigMan, are there OTHER ways to tweak the game other than the basic Normal, Hard, Powerful, etc. settings for Running, Fielding, Batting, and Pitching? Or is that all you're referring to?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 6:46 AM ]

thanks guys , I'll give it a shot this week-end ...
( I just played a game on mvp 2005 , but I just can't get into it anymore )...

by the way , could the fact that I play as the Carp not help me ?
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 8:29 AM ]

Based on my experience, its much tougher to win with the "underdog" teams.

Also, your last post gave me this thought:

I'd rather be slaughtered and utterly frustrated by Pawapuro, than sit and play comfortably with the American garbage currently available.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 9:07 AM ]

I've read that Pro Spirits 2 is solid.

But based on what I've read, Pro Spirits is probably not as DEEP. Its more of a pick-up-and-play baseball game with more eye-candy.

I'm automatically skeptical of any baseball game that assigns a distinct controller button for "slap the ball to the opposite field." How about just swinging later?
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 18, 2005 8:54 AM ]

I wouldn't go that far to say Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2 is more "eye-candy" .

I was in the same situation with Bullpen when I first got Pro Yakyuu 2 (it plays the same as pawapuro). I was getting way too much hits and the CPU pitchers always did the same routine when pitching:

1- Strike
2- strike
3- ball
4-Strike

And the pitches were always in the middle plate. Then I increased the difficulty and I wasn't hitting but he CPU was hitting way too much.

Finally, I decided to adjust everything to get my settings on point.

This is for Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2 but it should work for Pawapuro.

Difficulty- Hard
Strike zone - OFF (Off when batting and pitching)
Fielding- Hard
Bat cursor - Normal
Ball location -OFF
Ball speed- Medium fast speed

Hard is the most balance option IMO. If you go too high you'll hate it because the adjustments are too severe to get use to. I tried PERFECT and SPIRITS and got hammered no matter how good my pitches were. No matter how small my pitches were, the CPU still drilled it to the field.

Turning off the strikezone works perfect for me in terms of walks for me and the CPU. When pitching it forces you to focus on location instead of seeing the the corners to hit already. I walk at least 3-5 batters every game. Also, when I'm batting, I get less hits and more walks since I don't focus on the the red part of the zones and I see how the ball moves better, especially the forkball.

I don't know about Pawapuro, but I get walks on the hard difficulty level in Pro Yakyuu. I think you should try to play more games in pennant mode. In pennant mode, pitchers stamina reduce as the season go on and eventually their control shatters.

[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 18, 2005 8:56 AM ]

The "Slap" "Pull" buttons have an effect in the game. Some players have specific abilites to slap in the other way rather than pull the ball,But overall you can use the slap button and still pull the ball.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 18, 2005 3:44 PM ]

I really wish I could play these games. I wish the games were region-free so I wouldnt have to invest in a Japanese PS2 or Gamecube to play 1 game that I wouldnt understand (language-wise) anyways. The developers of Yakyu games need to take a chance with the American market and maybe they will find that there are consumers hwo want to buy these games.
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 18, 2005 4:34 PM ]

That's not gonna happen, Just wait for the PSP version of Pawapuro. That's region free and then you can start debating about what we all are talking about.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 19, 2005 9:56 AM ]

"Eye-candy" might have been a bit harsh. Sorry.

I've been impressed with what I've seen and read about Pro Spirits 2.

I just have a tough time believing that its on the same level as Pawapuro yet.

Maybe it just comes down to personal preference.

If anyone out there has played both games a lot, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.