Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Anyone getting too much hits?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Anyone getting too much hits?
I've been playing Pro Yakyuu 2 for a while now (its the only game I played so far) and I get a lot of hits constantly. I was playing on normal when I started and got good so I went up a level to hard. Hard wastough at first but now I'm good at that also so I went up to perfect. Now I'm playing on perfect but I'm still getting too much hits. I get 12-14 hits a game which is not good stats wise. My boxscore lately have looked like this:

me - 3 14 0
CPU - 6 8 0

me- 1 13 0
CPU 0 5 0

I tried to raise the speed of the ball to real speed but that is way too fast for me, but I already timed the medium fast perfectly.

Has anyone played on the SPIRITS difficulty to see if its balanced?
Comments
Re: Anyone getting too much hits?
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Oct 7, 2005 10:43 PM ]

Also with all those hits, my team batting average have passed the rest of the team by a huge margin. My team is batting .350 while the rest are in the upper .280 to .290s
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 7, 2005 10:53 PM | CLM Fan ]

Lay off of pitches. Only power swing at complete cookies(ball cursor about the size of your head!). Swing for contact only when there's the threat of striking out. That's how I do things until the Next Gen games come around.
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Oct 7, 2005 11:04 PM ]

Yeah, I do that but still get too much hits. The CPU pitchers throw too much cookies at the plate that I react to hit and get tons of hits. I always use the power swing when I batting but the CPU just throw too much easy pitches to hit.

And I'm playing on the perfect settings, maybe I played the game too much that I finally got used to the system already.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 8, 2005 12:16 AM | CLM Fan ]

Sounds like it. You played a whole year worth of games. It doesn't surprise me.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.