Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

does anybody remember?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
does anybody remember?
Hello..

I am new to Japan and enjoying NPB. Anyway, I remember a baseball video game made by Namco about 10 to 15 years ago for the Megadrive. It had all the NPB teams and all the MLB teams. None of the players were real, but the team names and logo were real. The game even had a couple of fake teams, one playing in ice and one playing in the desert. I know it was a "cute" game but does anybody remember the title of the game? Thanks.
Comments
Re: does anybody remember?
[ Author: 20X6!! | Posted: Oct 13, 2005 4:55 PM | FSH Fan ]

Yikes - I don't remember anything that elaborate. I know Namco made "Famisuta" (Family Stadium) for Nintendo and World Stadium (Sega? I only knew it from arcades) - are either of those it?
Re: does anybody remember?
[ Author: Guest: arniel brown | Posted: Oct 24, 2005 3:13 PM ]

Thanks for the reply. I believe the game might have been called "Namco baseball". It was originally intended for the Megadrive audience in Japan only, but you could get import copies for a "converted" Genesis in America. The characters playing baseball were in SD format. I played the game a couple of times 10 to 15 years ago in San Francisco. It was really cool and the only game of it's kind. (Both Japanese and American and fictious teams) I really wish I could remember the name of the game. If I could still find a Megadrive and the game in Japan, (I now live here) I will buy it..
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.