Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Email from Konami regarding Spirits' future

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Email from Konami regarding Spirits' future
They said there currently aren't any plans to release Pro Yakyu Spirits on "PS2". I asked if they are releasing it only on Xbox 360, but they replied saying it won't be released for PS2. So that means they could still have one for PS3. I think they just chose words well with me, because they want people to buy Xbox 360s.

I don't think they'd drop the series entirely. There'd be too much uproar, since people in Japan won't buy too many Xbox 360s. I think they could release Pro Yakyu Spirits and Pawapuro on PS3 next summer. Spirits could even be a release title for PS3.
Comments
Re: Email from Konami regarding Spirits' future
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Oct 14, 2005 9:55 AM ]

"They said there currently aren't any plans to release Pro Yakyu Spirits on "PS2"."

Seeing as the PS2 is coming to an end soon, KCET(Konami Japan) is probably scrapping the series on the PS2 in favor of the PS3 and XBOX 360.

"I asked if they are releasing it only on Xbox 360, but they replied saying it won't be released for PS2."

So far I haven't heard any announcements of Pro Yakyu Spirits being released on any other console except the XBOX 360. If Konami was only to release Pro Yakyu Spirits on the XBOX 360 I couldn't see the reasoning in it as the XBOX 360 isn't going to set Japan on fire.

So far, Microsoft has got more and more Japanese companies to jump on board with the XBOX 360 such as Konami, Tecmo, Square Enix, Sega, not to mention former Final Fantasy founder Hironobu Sakaguchi new company Mistwalker. The XBOX 360 was a little more popular(at 7% or so) at the Tokyo Game Show, but again it didn't set Japan on fire and is far behind the PS2.

"I asked if they are releasing it only on Xbox 360, but they replied saying it won't be released for PS2."

Right now it's probably too early to know if the Pro Yakyu Spirits series will be on the PS3 or not.

By the way did you contact Konami Japan about this information? Because you can fill an inquiry form out on Konami Japan's website about this information which might be able to tell if Pro Yakyu Spirits will be released on the PS3 or not.

https://www.konami.co.jp/inquiry/cgi-bin/inquiry02.cgi?PAGE_NAME=product

"I don't think they'd drop the series entirely. There'd be too much uproar, since people in Japan won't buy too many Xbox 360s."

Again it wouldn't make much sense to drop the series completely as like I said above the XBOX 360 won't exactly set Japan on fire, even with it's slightly increased popularity at the Tokyo Game Show last month. Though it looks like Konami is committed to both the Playstation 3 and XBOX 360. Like I said above, it's too early for me to tell if Pro Yakyu Spirits will be released on the PS3 or not.

Though Konami Japan, also could right now have no plans to release a Pro Yakyu Spirits game at the current release period of the PS3 in Japan and might have it as a later release for the PS3 at a later time. The PS3 will probably debut in Japan in the Early Spring of "06" and in North America in Summer of "06". So they might wait to say later on into somewhere between April-July 06 to release it on the PS3. It's very unlikely than Konami drop the series completely on the PS3, they surely know that the PS3 will sell the most consoles in Japan during the next-generation console wars, followed by the Nintendo Revolution, then the XBOX 360. The Nintendo DS and Sony PSP will be far up on the list also on the next-generation console wars, as the Nintendo DS has outsold the PS2 and PSP for months on end now, and with the Nintendodogs game in Japan the DS has been a even bigger hit than before.
[ Author: Guest: mvk20 | Posted: Oct 14, 2005 6:35 PM ]

Any chance the game would come out on PSP? If anyone hears anything, please keep us posted...
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Oct 15, 2005 12:38 PM ]

According to a new Famitsu survey, 23.9% of gamers want a XBOX 360.

At first, the Playstation 3 is at 63.2% of gamers wanting a PS3, followed by the Nintendo Revolution with 36% wanting the Revolution, then the XBOX 360. The XBOX 360 is increasing in popularity, though the Famitsu poll showed that the XBOX 360 needs to start working on more Japanese games for the Japanese market.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6135833.html
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.