Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pawapuro vs. Yakyu spirit

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pawapuro vs. Yakyu spirit
Can someon give me the differences between Pawapuro 12 and Pro Yakyu spirit ?
(besides the obvious difference in graphics).

Thanks
Comments
Re: Pawapuro vs. Yakyu spirit
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Nov 2, 2005 12:51 AM ]

I never played the Pawapuro series but I've seen a lot of gameplay videos to see how it works.

From what I see with Pawapuro 12, the gameplay is much better than Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2. Not that Spirits is bad, far from it, but Pawapuro have little details that Spirits don't have. For example, robbing a homerun is not in Pro Yakyuu Spirits and high choppers are not done frequently. Also, Pawapuro 12 have better variety of modes. There are success mode, life mode, create your own song, Training mode with instruction, and better presentation in Pennant mode ie: draft selections, etc. The downside to Pawapuro 12 seems to be the difficulty and finding the right settings to play a good balance of baseball with realistic stats without making you fustrated in the process.

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2, however, have the better overall game presentation. When you hit a HR you actually feel like you connected with the ball perfectly. The gameplay is fluent without any stoppage and the pitching release format is better than Pawapuro IMO. The pitching is very hard if you get lazy. Once you get lazy and just throw pitches there is no turning back, the CPU with lit you up in no time. Your really need to know your location and control of your relese. Also, it have the pitcher behind camera view, which I LOVE. There's two pennant modes: Regular and Misssion. Mission mode gives your certain missions to achieve with the team or with a individual. If you complete the task you get a boost in team chemistry and etc. The problem with this mode is that its entirely in Japanese so you can't understand what mission is given to you. Regular mode is basically for stat junkies (where I play) Regular mode need to be improve in the future installment because if your not into the stats then the mode becomes boring. The CPU also accept really stupid trades and they really need to fix how the stats are organized. Trying to see your all your team stats and the other team stats is a chore IMO. Baseball Live 2005 excel in this department. The stats organization in that game is really well done.

Batting:

Pawapuro look to have the better batting mode in this department. The cursor in pawapuro 12 look small and harder to make contact, which I like.

Pro Yakyu Spirits 2 cursor IMO is easier to get contact unless you increase the ball speed to the maximum level.

Pitching:

I don't like the pitching in Pawapuro. I know its realistic to not know the control of your pitches when its thrown, but this is a video game and I want to have complete control of my pitches.

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2 have the perfect pitching system. Its all about the timing of your release point. So if you give up a HR, you have only yourself to blame.

Fielding:

I like Pawapuro fielding more from what I see. It looks more fluent and free than Pro Yakyuu. The players look like their movement are not bound to a certain area.

Fielding in Pro Yakyuu is good but it sometimes feel robotic. yes, they have fly balls to the warning tracks in Pro Yakyuu and they have some web gem catches, but sometimes it just feel like its just another day in the park. Its been months where I was "Wowed" by a catch in the outfield.

So there's my assessment.

Pawapuro have more modes, better batting mode, and fielding

Pro Yakyuu have better graphics, presentation, pitching mode.

P.S. I could be wrong in my assessment on Pawapuro, so wait until someone who played Pawapuro to see If I'm correct.

[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Nov 2, 2005 11:15 AM ]

I've only played Pawapuro 11 Chou Ketteiban and Pawapuro 12.

I play with POWERFUL Cpu Running and Fielding and HARD Cpu Pitching and Hitting. I play with both pitch cursors, mine and the Cpu's, OFF. But I leave my Fielding cursor ON, and the Cpu's is OFF.

Pawapuro 12 feels perfect for me on these settings.

I still lose more than I'd like, but normally I know why I lost and what I need to work on.

The variety of Fielding animations in Pawapuro 12 is amazing. I've had the game for 3 1/2 months, and I'm still seeing new stuff.

Gran Turismo, Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer, and Metal Gear - these are the only other series that are in the same league as Pawapuro, in my opinion.

I've never played the Pro Spirits series. I'm curious about it, but not curious enough to shell out the money to import a copy.

I wish I could RENT import games!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 13, 2005 5:54 PM ]

How come is so easy to hit homeruns when i don't use the meter in Proyakyu Spirits? i don't want to score 20-30 runs, how can i set it up, where the CPU gives me a run for my money, but where is not so difficult that i get frustrated? do they have mascots on Pawapuro?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.