Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Im a Newbie wanting the Best.. Please Help

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Im a Newbie wanting the Best.. Please Help
Hi there,
Id first like to introduce myself. My name is steve and im from australia, where baseball aint that popular.. cricket is.. but damn it.. the quality of cricket games suck (Brian Lara or Ricky Ponting Cricket 2005 wasnt too bad).

Anyways, ive been a huge Winning Eleven fan since WE5 or so, and its getting more popular amongst the non-japanese due to the help of such websites as www.evo-web.co.uk - which for me is the best non japanese WE site there is. Btw, i dont buy the Pro Evolution games (these are the pal or euro versions of WE) because although programmed by the same people, konami always seem to make better more relistic gameplay with the WE versions.

Currently i have the latest and best soccer sim of all time on any console - happens to be on ps2 - called Winning Eleven 9 JLeague. You guys may have heard of it. Anyways, as i mentioned the evo-web site has helped heaps with translations and also includes all the english translation and strip patches.

Now the reason im writing. Im not a huge Baseball fan, but i do love good sport games and since im like WE im into only the best. This Jikkyou Powerful Pro series..or pawapuru as you guys call it.. from word or mouth (including finally finding a forum on it like this) and movie clips, looks just amazing. Ive seen the Big Headed baseball games before.. but never tried em out. Recently looking at a movie clip of Jikkyou Powerful Pro 12 i couldnt get past how good it looked..and how natural the bat to ball collition was, and overal ball physics was compared to any other Bat n BAll game.. I also love the view, once the ball is hit.. unlike alot of baseball games out their.. u get a better sense of whats goin on..also the pitching and fielding look incredible.. not to mention colourful atmosphere.. looks amazing.

Anyways.. one problem.. im a newbie. And was just wondering how difficult it is to play this game, since i dont understand any japanese at all. Is there a translation sheet or FAQ of somesort.. or like Winning Eleven, are there engish communities that patch this game making all menues into english. The patchers at evo-web do amazing things with WE.. including making new proper kits.. change the balls.. boots.. crowd chants etc., not to mention totally translate all menus into english. Bascially make a great game better and easier to play for english speaking peeps.

but a patch isnt necessary (just wondering if any available), but are there any translation guides on the net to help me out.
i checked lik-sang.com and play-asia.com and both have what i guess is the latest version:
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 12 Ketteiban
(im also guessing this is the best version..ie. better than original JPPY 12). funny enough 12 Ketteiban is cheaper than 12.

so.. i want the best version of this game. and also some help getting started on this game in terms of translations, particularly of 'controls' etc.. i mean.. im purely wanting this game for gameplay first.. so the controls and setting up game are most important... translation for things like story mode or what not arent that important.

so there you have it.. i continue learning stuff bout this game via this site (which is the only one i found english info on parapuru), but would appreciate any help on what ive just talked about.

i cant wait to play this beauty
cheers from australia,
steve
Comments
Re: Im a Newbie wanting the Best.. Please Help
[ Author: MHtrStevie | Posted: Feb 1, 2006 10:44 PM | CLM Fan ]

Welcome!

I'm more of a lurker on this forum, but I have picked up the PawaPuro games since the 10th edition... while I've played a fair amount of Japanese games before, I don't know all that much Japanese.

I don't know of any patches or translation FAQs for these games... we do seem to have a good community here, though, so any questions which might come up can likely be answered here.

The PawaPuro games have a LOT of modes to play, and some are easier to play than others. The more straightforward modes, like single games or Pennant/Season modes, and pretty easy to play without any Japanese knowledge... and with stats presented in a fairly standard way, you'll find that you can figure out pretty quickly which Japanese characters stand for things like hits, HRs, steals, etc.

PawaPuro does have modes which are much harder to play for those of us without Japanese knowledge... there's Success mode where you create players by actually following a storyline rather than just inputting stats, and My Life mode where you can actually play a mock career with one player. Both of these modes require a much greater Japanese knowledge to appreciate, so I don't find myself using them too much... even though I'd like to figure out how to create players effectively someday.

The game is still great fun for me, even though I mainly use the simpler play modes... as long as you can get past the cartoony players, you really can't do much better for a baseball simulation.

Hope this helps...

- Stevie
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Feb 3, 2006 8:37 AM ]

I've been emailing my translation guides to anyone who requests them.

They're a bit rough. But I believe that they provide people with enough basic/working knowledge to play exhibition matches, compete in HR derby, set up a season/pennant, and to adjust the difficulty settings.

Though based on the number of email requests I've recently received, I'll probably soon revise/tweak these guides and post them on this site.

But if you'd like to see what I've got now, just email me a request. My email is already listed elsewhere on this site, but here it is: jomcclane@yahoo.com
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 3, 2006 11:13 AM ]

Thanks heaps guys..ta stevie and jomcllane.. i appreciate the feedback.
Over the last few years ive been thinkin bout getting a pawapuro game, but not having a modded ps2 has held me back, but once i got it modded my real first love (football or soccer as its known in the states) got in the way - ie.. all i play is what i see as the best sports simulator ever.. winning eleven. Ive played quite a few sport games, but none capture the sport so beautifully and correctly as does WE9JL.

Anyways, id love to experience another.. ive missed out too long, and now its time for pawapuro. Its funny cause im not even a huge baseball fan (in australia cricket's the big thing - if only it was big in japan ahah) and i only know basic rules and terminology etc, but these pawapuro games just look too amazing to pass so here goes I got no knowledge of the stars.. be it in US or Jap.. so im very much getting this game purely cause i love a great sports game, and dont wanna miss out..and if anything, thisll increase my knowledge of the game, and appreciation when i see the highlighs on aussie tv.

Im gonna order the game as soon as its available.. liksang says they need to get new shippments, as did playasia.. i cant find it on ebay.. but its cool.. ill wait tills its available in a weeks time or so they say.

again ta for the responses, and again im learning more and more from this cool forum bout this fantastic game ill soon have. Ill send u an email jomcclane

Im sure ill post some more soon.
ciao
Stevie B
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 3, 2006 11:22 AM | CLM Fan ]

I knew no players when I first got The Baseball 2003 Suikigou. I was into WE too, and I wanted to see what other Konami sports games had to offer. I went to the site, saw the graphics, and loved the presentation of the game. One of my favorite Japanese pro wrestling announcers did the play by play, too, so I was sold. After that, I learned all of the player names, baseball terms, kanji, and gained a stronger understanding for baseball strategy. Whether it was when to lay down a bunt or how to pitch to people, I learned it all. At first, all I did was throw balls in the strike zone. The tough AI of Pawapuro 12 changed all that. Now I find my techniques thriving in Baseball Live 2005.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 3, 2006 4:29 PM ]

hey bigmanzam, i feel kinda the same, and yeah want to see what other konami sports games have to offer.. much due to always seeing the jap reviews and popularity (sales) of the pawapuro series. I plan to learn much more bout baseball..the terms the players.. and ofcourse strategy haha. i too, in old baseball games, went for strikes very pitch.. im guessing thats not the way to do it...
I have no idea about batting technique in baseball. Its very different from cricket, where the players can have a chance to play there eye in with defence shots.

never have i gone for bunts in any baseball video game.. just for a sweet homer..and yeah.. didnt get many. cant remember the games..but they were US baseball games on snes and n64.

cheers,
steve
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.