Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ultimate list of this year's yakyu games

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Ultimate list of this year's yakyu games
4/1 - Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu Portable(PSP - Konami)

4/6 - Pro Yakyu Netsu Sta 2006(PS2 - Namco)

4/6 - Pro Yakyu Spirits 3(Xbox360/PS2 - Konami)

Predictions...

July - Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu 13(PS2/PS3? - Konami)

July - Pro Yakyu Team O Tsukurou! 4(PS2 - Sega)

Summer - Jikkyou Powerful Major League(PS2/PS3? - Konami)

Summer - Pawapuro-kun Pocket(DS - Konami)

December - Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu 13 Ketteiban(PS2/PS3? - Konami)

December - Jikkyou Powerful Major League Ketteiban(PS2/PS3? - Konami)

Either Konami cuts off the Japanese version of the franchise or stops doing the fall versions, because that's a ton of software to release. Also, the multi-platform release of Pro Yakyu Spirits 3 is just a rumor that's being circulated right now. It should become either fact or fiction within the next couple weeks.

Comments
Re: Ultimate list of this year
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 3, 2006 10:53 AM | CLM Fan ]

By the way, I realize that it would defeat the purpose of Success Mode, and I know the winter version makes Konami more money, but fans really want an edit mode. Editing players really adds a ton of replay value to the game. Namco does this in thier game, and I just enjoy it so much more. The unfortunate thing is, I think Konami is stuck in the old Japanese mindset of, "If it's tradition, then by God, we gotta do it." They take that to the Pawapuro series by not changing it much, but the frustration is slowly gaining with the fans and it seems like they're getting sick of the same thing. Konami needs to try a little harder when it comes time for the PS3.
Re: Ultimate list of this year
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Feb 3, 2006 11:53 AM ]

I love the success mode, it's extremely fun imo, but i'd have to agree that adding a create-a-player mode would make the game a lot more fun in other aspects.

there was a time i tried to make a toronto bluejays team (well, afterall i live there...) in success mode...but when i thought about a AJ Burnett or a Doc Halladay...and without extreme luck they're quite hard to create, i just dropped the idea once and for all. Fielders aside, it's just extremely hard to make pitchers, especially ones that throw so hard ito the mid-90s range WITH high stamina. I can get 156 km/h, but that way the best stamina i've ever gotten was a B, and that was help from doctor daijobu and other stuffs.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.