Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Mlb 2k6 to have WBC tournament

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Mlb 2k6 to have WBC tournament
ok major league baseball 2k6 will have the WBC tournament in the game, it will have all the team countries in it but do u guys think they will have the real players from japan in the game or is it not possiable?
Comments
Re: Mlb 2k6 to have WBC tournament
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Feb 3, 2006 9:10 PM ]

No, it will have only MLB players in it. 2K Sports would have to get permission from the NPB, KBO, CPBL, and all of the other respective leagues and their respective player associations too.

[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Feb 3, 2006 11:15 PM ]

No, it will only have MLB players that are playing on different teams. For example, David ortiz will be be on the dominican republic team as with Ramirez and Castilla will be on the mexican team.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 4, 2006 5:36 AM ]

so it will be made up players on the japan team?
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Feb 4, 2006 10:04 AM ]

It will mostly consist of Japanese players in the MLB even though they are not playing in the WBC tournament.

Like Hideki Matsui, Kaz Matsui, Iguchi, Ohtska, ect. They had the same thing in MLB2K5.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Feb 4, 2006 5:59 PM ]

Still though they're isn't even 30 Japanese players in the majors, or at every position either.

Current Japanese players in the Majors(as of today)

C- Kenji Johjima(Mariners)
2B- Tadahito Iguchi(White Sox)
SS- Kaz Matsui(Mets)
OF- Ichiro Suzuki(Mariners)
So Taguchi(Cardinals)
Hideki Matsui(Yankees)
P- Mac Suzuki(A's)- Non-roster invitee
Tomokazu Ohka(Brewers)
Shinji Mori(Devil Rays)
Kazuhito Tadano(Indians)
Yusaku Iriki(Mets)
Akinori Ohtsuka(Rangers)
Keiichi Yabu(Rockies)- Non-roster invitee

Players such as Hideo Nomo and Shingo Takatsu are free agents(Nomo is a six year minor league free agent). Masao Kida and Kazuhisa Ishii signed with the Yakult Swallows. Shigetoshi Hasegawa retired not too long ago. Also, Norihiro Nakamura left the Dodgers to play with the Orix Buffaloes. So, I don't see how they could even fill out every position.
[ Author: Guest: colton lovelace | Posted: May 21, 2006 11:13 AM ]

I think it will be just fine in major leauge baseball 2K6 with Eric Chaves at 3rd base for team USA is really cool but David Ortiz ( Big Papi ) isn't at DH for team Dominican Republic. But I heard that there is fake players in the world baseball classic tournament. But my biggest suprise in the wbc is the starting left and right fielders for team Dominican Republic is Manny Ramirez and Vladimir Guerro.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.