Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pawapuro Portable

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pawapuro Portable
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/pawa/psp/index.html

It'd be fun to have, if I wanted to burn money and get a PSP. As it is, I'm happy with my DS.
Comments
Re: Pawapuro Portable
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 4, 2006 4:33 PM | CLM Fan ]

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/2006/02/01/104,1138795029,48185,0,0.html
[ Author: Guest: Shini | Posted: Feb 5, 2006 8:37 AM ]

got any of the pawapuro pocket?

i am planning on picking one pawapuro pocket 8, but not sure if i should throw 6000 yen on it or not.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 5, 2006 12:54 PM | CLM Fan ]

I'm not a huge fan, and it gets lukewarm reviews on Famitsu.
[ Author: mvk20! | Posted: Feb 6, 2006 12:40 AM | YG Fan ]

Excellent! Finally! I will be on the PSP Pawapuro the day it's released...I'm sure I'll be here asking for help...
[ Author: Sole_SL | Posted: Feb 8, 2006 2:50 AM | SL Fan ]

It's a good alternative from MLB2k6. Hopefully the controlling won't be as stiff as MVP for the psp.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 25, 2006 4:20 AM | CLM Fan ]

Famitsu gave Pawapuro Portable a gold score.
[ Author: mvk20! | Posted: Mar 28, 2006 10:45 PM | YG Fan ]

I have the game pre-ordered and can't wait! Hopefully there will be some folks around here with Pawapuro experience who can lend me a helping hand!
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 2, 2006 11:57 AM | CLM Fan ]

Wow. Konami is allowing purchasers of Pawapuro Portable to download player data on their site. There are only single guys for each team, but it should increase a bit in due time.

With the online ability of the next generation consoles and the hard drive space, games should actually have roster updates as a standard in the future. Not only that, but you should be able to download batting/pitching forms, ouen songs, new uniforms, etc.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Apr 2, 2006 12:26 PM ]

mvk20!,

I'll try to help.

I don't know much Japanese, and I haven't ordered Pawapuro Portable. But I know my way around Pawapuro 11 and 12 for PS2 fairly well.

I wrote some translation guides for Pawapuro 12 a while back, and I'll email them to anyone who requests them. Pawapuro Portable's menus will probably be laid out a lot like Pawapuro 12's.
[ Author: mvk20! | Posted: Apr 3, 2006 11:53 PM | YG Fan ]

It would be incredible if you could e-mail me those guides! I'm at mkulikosky@yahoo.com. Thanks a million, and when I receive the game (probably another week or two) I'll let you know how it matches up with what you've found.
[ Author: Guest: gx9901 | Posted: Apr 13, 2006 2:02 AM ]

I got my Pawapro Portable last week. It's a pretty good game but I'm still trying to find the best difficulty setting for me. It's either too easy (football scores complete with 20+ hits for each team) or too hard (every game is a pitcher's duel) right now. I never understood why Pawapro series is so highly regarded, as my only previous experience with the series is on the PS1 and Gameboy. But this version is at least fairly entertaining so far. And there is no shortage of features as far as I could tell. This should satisfy my portable yakyu needs for a while. I hope something like Pro Yakyu Spirits or Netsu Sta makes it onto the PSP down the road.
[ Author: mvk20! | Posted: Apr 19, 2006 12:09 AM | YG Fan ]

Got my Pawapuro Portable today - while at work I was able to boot it up and watch a bit of a demo game, which looked really cool. Then it took me to a screen where it seemed like I needed to enter my name, which I did, pick an image of a player, pick a region of Japan and a city (I was able to pick out the kanji for Tokyo, so I picked that) and then pick a team (Giants). Is that for creating a player of your own?

Then it took me to a menu 3x3 for nine options, and I couldn't really read any of them immediately. I'll give those a go when I get home to figure out what's what - at this point I'd probably like to just play some exhibition games.

Just thought I'd pass this along and see if anyone has hints/tips...
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: May 1, 2006 7:29 AM ]

The PSP Pawapuro version ranked 11th on the Famitsu top 30 list.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/rank/top30/2006/04/27/120,1146125797,52436,0,0.html
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.