Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

WBC MLB 2K6

Discussion in the Video Games forum
WBC MLB 2K6
Is it offical that MLB 2K6 will not have the real players from the other countries? People have been posting that teams will consist of made up players
Comments
Re: WBC MLB 2K6
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Mar 24, 2006 4:59 AM ]

Yup, MLB 2k6 will have fake names for the international players. You could edit them though in MLB 2k6.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 24, 2006 6:17 AM ]

That's good that you can edit them. Do you think they'll give players certain attributes to try and match some of the real ones like Uehara and Matsuzaka?
[ Author: Guest: Monte4NY | Posted: Mar 24, 2006 8:19 AM ]

Like pitches, deliveries, and velocity
[ Author: Michael | Posted: Mar 24, 2006 10:04 AM | CLM Fan ]

Due to the MLB Players Union Agreement only MLB based players can be listed in the video games, as they have to pay royalties to the MLB Players to be used in any video game .

Even Games were they have minor league teams included use generic minor leaguers based on an actual player as they are not part of the agreement.

You can find all the WBC Rosters at MLB.COM and WorldBaseballClassic.com to edit the rosters with
[ Author: Guest: npb over mlb | Posted: Mar 26, 2006 3:05 AM ]

I think a game devoloper should just make a WBC game alone then maybe they will be able to get the international players and npb stars.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Mar 26, 2006 3:48 AM ]

It still has to get the respective permission to have players from MLB, NPB, KBO, CPBL, and the such.

[ Author: Guest: Monte4NY | Posted: Mar 26, 2006 6:52 AM ]

Well, hopefully they'll make a pitch delivery like Matsuzaka's and you'll be able to put his entire last name on the back of his jersey. Has it been confirmed if you can create a player and put him on a WBC team?
[ Author: Guest: goisles01 | Posted: Apr 6, 2006 3:34 AM ]

I have MLB2k6 for ps2 and let me point out a few things:
1. Japanese Team does have REAL players though with NOTABLE omissions.
2. I really dont think you can create a player and put it on a WBC team you also cannot edit existing players on a team.
3. Team Cuba has american names not even a hint of Latin in them

Team Japan NOTABLE inclusions: Uehara, Watanabe, Satozaki, Tanishige, Imae

Team Japan NOTABLE Omissions: Matsuzaka, Matsunaka, Ogasawara, Tamura, Aoki, Fukudome, Nishioka, Wada
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 6, 2006 6:59 AM ]

They left those guys out!? WHat!?
[ Author: Guest: npb over mlb | Posted: Apr 7, 2006 6:31 PM ]

Sorry im slow what does omisson mean?
[ Author: Guest: goisles01 | Posted: Apr 8, 2006 11:26 AM ]

ok people. This is what youve been waiting for. MLB2k6 has a WBC roster update that has the real team. Im pretty sure everybody is there now including Matsuzaka, Matsunaka, Fukudome, Ogasawara, Himura, etc.
Also Korea now has Seung Yeop Lee.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 8, 2006 2:24 PM ]

are the faces real? and do the announcers say" Nobuhiko Matsunaka"?
[ Author: Guest: goisles01 | Posted: Apr 8, 2006 2:33 PM ]

there are no real likeness just the names and the announcer doesnot say them
[ Author: Guest: Kevin | Posted: Apr 8, 2006 10:01 PM ]

Where do you get the updated roster please?
[ Author: Guest: Carla | Posted: Apr 9, 2006 12:51 AM ]

Yeah does anyone know the website where you can get this roster update? PS2 please
[ Author: Guest: goisles01 | Posted: Apr 9, 2006 1:09 AM ]

go to gamefaqs.com and go to game saves for roster files
[ Author: Guest: goisles01 | Posted: Apr 9, 2006 1:11 AM ]

also there are critical errors. for one thing Fukudome and Seung Yeop Lee are batting RIGHTY! WHAT THE???
[ Author: Guest: Kevin | Posted: Apr 9, 2006 9:11 AM ]

Went to www.gamefaqs.com, but what do you mean "game saves for rosters?"
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Apr 9, 2006 9:49 AM ]

You have to have a device that can load the game saves.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/930956.html

That above is the PS2 game saves with the WBC rosters. Here's there page that describes game saves in better depth:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/entry.html?cat=37
[ Author: Guest: goisles01 | Posted: Apr 9, 2006 10:35 AM ]

Yes you are right and I failed to mention that. You need either a sharkport or a Max drive. I prefer maxdrive. Its just a flash hard drive.
[ Author: Guest: Kevin | Posted: Apr 10, 2006 2:14 AM ]

Tnaks alot. Are the rosters right or is Seung-Yeop Lee still righty?
[ Author: Guest: goisles01 | Posted: Apr 10, 2006 7:54 AM ]

Seung Yeop Lee is still righty and so is Fukudome. I havent found any other errors so far
[ Author: Guest: grrwen | Posted: Apr 10, 2006 11:20 AM ]

That's weird that those two known players don't bat their normal ways. How about the pitchers? Do they have unique wind-ups like Wantanabe and Matsuzaka?
[ Author: Guest: Carla | Posted: Apr 11, 2006 12:11 AM ]

Yeah they need to have Matsuzaka's rocking back and forth and Wantanabe's submarine!
[ Author: Guest: npb over mlb | Posted: Apr 11, 2006 7:09 PM ]

if 2k has Sugiuchi's and Tsuyoshi Wada's pitch motion and the announcer says thier name and Matsunaka's batting stance ..i might think about getting mlb 2k6 even though im hearing it's bad.
[ Author: metroalex | Posted: Apr 19, 2006 5:38 AM | CD Fan ]

Don't buy the 360 version. It's bug-filled beyond belief. Even 2K had to release an statement about the game's freezing problems.

Also, the WBC mode in this game feels like such an after-thought it's almost insulting.
[ Author: Guest: npb over mlb | Posted: Apr 22, 2006 2:10 PM ]

i know this game really is bad. a really good sportgaming site gave it a 1 out of 10.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.