Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

PYS3 Gripes

Discussion in the Video Games forum
PYS3 Gripes
Well, it had to be made sometime. I'm still loving the game, but here are the downfalls of a dev team spreading themselves out too thin. In the latest official site update, they admitted that the same team worked on both the PS2 and 360 versions. I'd like to see them stop working on the 360 version next year, because there are some bugs and things that surprised me.

-I don't know if it's a bug or not, but it's really awkward. Sometimes, on a very high wind day, you can hit a homerun with a weak pop fly. I'm positive that this is a bug, because I felt like Matt Franco was going to pop up to second with the way I connected with the bat, but instead it was a 104 meter homer. Luckily, I don't see this often at all. I've yet to do it again.

-Another glitch is that the polygons sometimes get messed up when showing the dugout between innings. I saw some neon green behind Shunsuke's ears after my second game. This is definitely a sign of polygons messing up. Saw it later in the same dugout with a coach congratulating a player.

-As hard as Konami worked, they definitely stretched themselves thin with working on both PYS3 versions, Pawapuro Portable, Pawamajor, Pawapuro 13, etc. This is fairly obvious when you see that the majority of batters with new batting stances have their same intro animation when they step into the box. This means Nishi will move his bat around like his old batting stance, but it'll awkwardly go to his new one in which it's TOTALLY different when the at bat begins.

-Defensive arm strength is still very unrealistic. Karim Garcia doesn't throw a no bound strike to home plate from right field every time.

I'll try to think of more as time passes.
Comments
Re: PYS3 Gripes
[ Author: localboy | Posted: Apr 8, 2006 4:40 AM ]

so which one do you prefer? I usually get both but I am strapped for cash, if you can tell me which has the best simulation.
Re: PYS3 Gripes
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 8, 2006 4:59 AM | CLM Fan ]

I like Pro Yakyu Spirits 3 better right now, but I had to work hard to find realistic difficulty settings. I'm still trying to tweak my approach so I keep hits down and increase walks. I've pretty much found perfect settings for my own batting, though. Now I just have to work on pitching outside of the strike zone more.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.