Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

is Proyaku 3 Import Friendly?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
is Proyaku 3 Import Friendly?
I want to buy this game for the 360 but im afraid i will lost in translation and thus wont beable to have any fun playing this. I dont have any knowledge of japanese baseball but just looking for a great baseball game to play. Is hte menu's easy to navigate and how strict is the learning curve? this will be my 1st japanese baseball game purchase.
Comments
Re: is Proyaku 3 Import Friendly?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 17, 2006 10:41 PM ]

This will be the first and the best baseball game you will ever purchase. I bought it, and threw my MLB 2K6 and MVP 2005 (XBox)in trash can. Yes, it will be fairly simple to navigate your way around, all the modes will have english words. The stats will probably need some guess work, but it will be easy. You won't believe your eyes when you are playing the game. Nothing will ever come close to this.
The problem is, this game only works on Jap XBOX360. So my suggestion is, wait for the modchip, or just buy the jap system, this game along is worth the price of the admission.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: May 17, 2006 11:50 PM | SFT Fan ]

Well my suggestion is to buy the PS2 version since the XBOX 360 is a piece of crap. Though some modes of this game aren't import friendly from what I hear, as some modes require a high level of Japanese to play.

[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 18, 2006 1:51 PM ]

"This will be the first and the best baseball game you will ever purchase. I bought it, and threw my MLB 2K6 and MVP 2005 (XBox)in trash can... ...You won't believe your eyes when you are playing the game. Nothing will ever come close to this."

Is this game that good?! I'm a big fan of MVP 2005, and to say that game is trash compared to this...

Well, I'm glad I ordered it and look forward to playing it when it arrives.

[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: May 19, 2006 9:20 AM ]

I never could finish a game of MVP 2005. That was not a good game. Mind you, it wasn't "Mike Piazza's Strike Zone"-bad, but it definitely wasn't good.

Pro Spirits 3 is the best "realistic-looking" baseball game I've ever played. Its not flawless, but what is?

But beware. The language barrier remains somewhat of an issue in Pro Spirits 3, even with BigManZam's terrific guide.
[ Author: Guest: ILOVEMVP05 | Posted: May 19, 2006 12:40 PM ]

thank u friends, u convinced me to purchase this game even tho i just bought MVP05 xbox and MLB2k(xbox) last week at the same time. i cant wait to play it. its gonna be a great summer for baseball!!
[ Author: RandyBass | Posted: May 19, 2006 5:04 PM | HT Fan ]

"But beware. The language barrier remains somewhat of an issue in Pro Spirits 3, even with BigManZam's terrific guide."

How so?

Is it possible to make it through a season at least?
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: May 19, 2006 9:04 PM ]

I haven't tried Pennant mode yet as I've been too busy playing PawaMajor.

But based on what I've seen in Exhibition, Trial, Training, and Homerun Derby modes...you'll need a bit of Japanese knowledge to get the most out of the game.

Here are some examples.

In Baserunning Trial mode, the Japanese instructions at the bottom screen tell you whether you've got to steal a base or just avoid getting out. In Infielding Trial mode, the Japanese instructions tell you whether you've got to "get two" or just get one out. You can guess on many of these, but it helps to have some Japanese knowledge.

In Exhibition mode's player-sub menus, it helps to know things like: whether a batter/pitcher is a righty or lefty, whether a batter is a good bunter, and what pitches the CPU pitcher will throw at you.

If you have no Japanese knowledge or experience with these games, many things won't be readily apparent to you. Just bear this in mind.
[ Author: Guest: SFGIANTS44 | Posted: May 23, 2006 12:41 PM ]

GUEST ,DO YOU KNOW WERE I CAN FIND SOME faq ON THIS SITE ,OR WERE I CAN GET A TRANSLATION GUIDE FOR PYS-3 FOR THE 360,PLEASE I NEED HELP...THANKS
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.