Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Jikkyou Powerful Major League?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Jikkyou Powerful Major League?
i just found this game,Jikkyou Powerful Major League, finally had MLB rosters, so i ordered am and waiting for it.

I remember playing a similar game like this with SF heads, around 1995-97 for the N64. anyone try it or have any idea what i'm talking about?
that was my fav baseball game alltime.

anyways, tried this game for the ps2 couple years ago, but haven't tried it again since i wanted MLB rosters.

I would just like to hear anyone's reviews or comments, and if u played any of the US baseball games and comparisons to them.

thanx, and i can't wait~!

are the player names and team names etc. at least in english?
Comments
Re: Jikkyou Powerful Major League?
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Jun 27, 2006 11:01 PM ]

translations for each team there aint any place to find it i suppose...

as for reviews and guides and stuffs, u should just take a look at this forum, there's like over 100 posts on pawamajor.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 28, 2006 6:30 AM ]

All of my PawaMajor guides are posted on this site.

Here's a link to the thread:

http://japanesebaseball.com/forum/thread.jsp?forum=86&thread=23364

Expect more updates soon, but there's plenty in here already to get anyone started.

The player names are NOT in English, but you can switch the play-by-play commentary to English. And the stadium announcer announces players' names in English. So it's not too tough to figure out who's who.

In Season Mode you can manually change all of your team's player names to English. But I think you can only do this with your team, not the CPU teams.

There hasn't been a good US baseball game in years, and that includes MLB '06 The Show. I finally got around to playing a demo of MLB '06 The Show. Two words: Absolutely Pathetic.

The only explanations I've come up with as to why so many seemed so high on this piece of doo-doo ("The Show") are: 1) they simply have questionable taste, or 2) they've been starved of quality baseball videogames for so long that they've forgotten what well-made baseball video games are actually like.

I really enjoy PawaMajor, but other regulars on this site aren't so high on it. I think PawaMajor's gameplay is perfect for newcomers to the Pawapuro series.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jun 28, 2006 11:16 AM | CLM Fan ]

Oh it's definitely a good introduction piece to American gamers. Just being the elitist NPB fan that I am, I like Pawapuro better.
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Jun 28, 2006 10:07 PM ]

lol...elitist npb fan XDDD

I dunno...from playing Japanese games for like 20 yrs...i just want games that I feel is intersting and i can enjoy...and for me pawapuro just feels better than pawamajor XD
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 29, 2006 9:56 AM ]

I've said this before elsewhere, but just to throw my two cents in again:

I enjoy alternating between Pawapuro 11 Chou Ketteiban and PawaMajor. Each has its own unique feel, but both are well-made and extremely FUN TO PLAY.

And I don't think it's a coincidence that both are Hiroshi Tanibuchi games.

[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jun 30, 2006 10:01 AM | CLM Fan ]

Tanibuchi is hated by the 2ch scene, though. I'ma try to play PawaMajor in a bit. Though I gotta say, the jacked up batting orders during Season Mode is what really kills the game for me.
[ Author: MHtrStevie | Posted: Jun 30, 2006 11:32 PM | CLM Fan ]

Yeah, that's what really threw me when the PawaMajor discussion started too... I was really looking forward to getting that game, but as soon as I started hearing the weird batting orders for the teams I got scared and ended up not buying it.

Typically with Pawapuro, I spend most of my time playing on Pennant/Season Mode... so things which don't reflect "real life" end up bothering me a lot. For example, I was working on a season in Pawapuro 12 and I noticed the CPU make a trade where Softbank star Matsunaka went to the Baystars for Kitagawa and another player. Of course, the result of the trade was that Kitagawa was moved to the Hawks' ni-gun and Matsunaka became a pinch-hitter/late-inning defensive replacement for Yokohama (despite obviously having the best BA/OBP/HR on the entire team). Even though it didn't affect me directly, it still bugged me enough that it killed the season... it's been a couple of months since I've played it.

I'm hoping there's a chance they could at least issue a Ketteiban update for PawaMajor where they correct the most glaring errors (batting orders and Jim Thome), but I'm not holding my breath.

- Stevie
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jul 1, 2006 3:50 AM | CLM Fan ]

That must be a bug, because I've seen Matsunaka get traded for Kitagawa and Niinuma a couple times. I've also seen Johjima get traded and play on the bench. One of the worst situations I had was during My Life mode. I can't remember if it was 11 or 12, but I was an ace starter. I had Johjima as a catcher, Yoshinobu in right, and Iwamura as a third baseman. It was like a run support dream. Unfortunately, the AI played a really weak foreigner for Iwamura and one for Yoshinobu all the time. Despite having very few at bats, Iwamura would still get like 15 HRs. The only year I remember from that My Life was when I went 19-2 with a 2.20 ERA and won the MVP.
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Jul 1, 2006 4:49 AM ]

There's been these bugs and dumbass managers in these last few games.

play mylife on 12 and u will see bobby valentine uses lee as catcher, satosaki as DH when hashimoto's injured. it's extremely dumb when satosaki obviously is a catcher but at DH while a first base/outfielder is playing in a position he's not good at.

more weird stuffs like gabe kapler getting starting centerfield over saburo, kanemoto sitting on the bench where horiuchi uses some weakling foreigners. kapler leads off and bats below .100 for the whole season, yet still gets the starting job over saburo who's sooo much better in everything.

i've posted a lot of these stuffs before already, the list can go on and on.

u get what i am trying to say
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.