Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Realisitc settings for Pro Yakyuu Spirits series (for veterans)

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Realisitc settings for Pro Yakyuu Spirits series (for veterans)
O.K. I thing I'm making incredible progress getting the perfect settings.

Here's it is:

Ball Speed = Real Speed (for PYS 3 try Middle +)
StrikeZone = OFF

(I cannot stress enough to cancel the strikezone when your pitching. If you like batting with the strikezone then keep it on, but when your pitching turn it OFF. Why? Because it will make you walk more batters and the CPU batters will swing out of the strikezone more, ever since I turned the strikezone off when pitching the CPU batters are swinging a very low balls and out of the box A LOT.)

Movement = DIGITAL

(this is only for veterans or players who are looking for a challenge. Digital is FANTASTIC when pitching because you don't have 100% control over where your pitches are going, especially if your pitcher's windup is fast. Analog gave you too much control to spot the corners, which made the CPU get used to your technique and hit you hard. With DIGITAL, spotting the corners is more difficult which also makes it difficult for the CPU to time your technique. Also, if your striking out 12 batters everytime, DIGITAL will actually lower the numbers to a realistic 3-6 strikeouts per game and leave the high numbers to the Ace.)

Difficulty = Perfect

(Spirits balance favors too much on the CPU and Hard is too easy. Perfect seems to have the right blend of balance. If Perfect is too hard for you than go to Hard.)

Bat Cursor= LOCK-ON or Normal

I prefer LOCK-ON but Normal is also good also. DIGITAL with LOCK-ON or Normal will make you see your HR and Hits drop to realistic numbers. After I changed my settings, I average 1-3 HRs every game rather than 5-8 that I was producing before.

Pitch Style = Direct

You could use Auto and pitch just like Pawapuro but I think PYS pitching style gives the player the ability to make mistakes themselves rather than pick a pitch and throw.

Ball type= Heavy

First thing to buy out of the VP shop is the Heavy ball. The Heavy ball produces the most Bloops, choopers, infield hits, etc more than the rest. Don't even bother to buy the other ball types. Heavy ball all the way.

So to sum things up:

Ball speed = Real Speed
Strikezone= off
movement= DIGITAL
Cursor = LOCK-ON or Normal
Ball Type = Heavy Ball
Pitch style = Direct

Any feedback would be nice
Comments
Re: Realisitc settings for Pro Yakyuu Spirits series (for veterans)
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 23, 2006 4:43 AM ]

I have been trying these settings for the past couple of days ...
Here are my results ..(after 14 games)
7 wins 7 losses (i'm playing as the Hokkaido Fighters)
Team ERA : 2.10
Team batting average: .220
50% of all my hits are doubles...
0 homeruns in 14 games !!
I just can't figure out the hitting in this game (again!)...
It's either too easy ...or i get ridiculous amount of doubles ....and no homeruns ...I just can't hit any ...
I just don't know how to play this game and have fun anymore...
And I can't even let the CPU hit for me (they took it out on Spirit 3 )....
[ Author: thenewcurse | Posted: Jul 23, 2006 10:38 AM ]

I've been using this settings and have been most impressed. I completed a shortened 32 game season with the Baystars and went 16-15-1. Tamura (the best power threat on the team) only hit 4 homers, but slugged 26 RBI while hitting .356. My team ERA was 3.98 while my team batting average was .281.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 24, 2006 6:19 AM ]

How are you guys hitting ?
Are you placing the cursor on one area and wait for a pitch there ...or are you moving the cursor and reacting to each pitch ?
[ Author: thenewcurse | Posted: Jul 24, 2006 10:17 AM ]

I try to look at the pitch sequences in the previous at bat's once in the later stages of the game and pick a zone in that situation. When ahead on the count, I look for a pitch in my hitters hot zones, and when down in the count, I try to protect the whole strike zone.
[ Author: Guest: SKinz | Posted: Jul 24, 2006 10:10 PM ]

Here's an easy approach to hitting:

When batting keep the strikezone on. Focus on the four squares where the red color is when you have less than 2 strikes. For example, before the pitcher throws the ball pick a zone.

on 0-0, Focus only on where the red shade is at and the 4 squares around it

on 0-1 , Same thing

on 0-2, follow where the pitch is thrown to hit it

[ Author: Guest: GW80 | Posted: Jul 24, 2006 11:18 PM ]

Can you please tell me where to turn the strike zone off when pitching? i only see this option for batting!! thanks a ton
[ Author: Guest: J.L | Posted: Aug 14, 2006 12:28 AM ]

Tried the settings and got crushed. I'll stick with easy and slow pitching for now. Since vs the cpu the games are realistic 3-2, 1-0, 5-3 ..etc. Most come down to the last few innings or go extra innings

Though I have now played in season mode a whopping 9 games and have not hit a homerun yet. I am pressing the O button and I guess my timing reeks since I have yet to hit a homerun.

I end up scoring by sacrifice flies and constant singles.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.