Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese ps2

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Japanese ps2
Does anyone know where I can find a Japanese(NTSC/J) playstatin 2 for a reasonable price ($100 or below). Used or new.
Comments
Re: Japanese ps2
[ Author: Guest: J.L | Posted: Aug 15, 2006 2:58 PM ]

I doubt you'll find one for under 100 bucks US. I bought mine in Japan for 119 bucks I believe. But I traded in some UMDs and old games as well to make the price lower

You could try E-bay I guess but whose to say you will get one in working condition.
Re: Japanese ps2
[ Author: Guest: Zero829 | Posted: Aug 16, 2006 5:00 PM ]

Only read the following if you actually have a normal PS2 and just want a Japanese one to play games or if you would rather have a English PS2 that does both. There is a attachtment (I wouldnt call it a mod as it doesnt mess around with your console) called a Fliptop that essentially is attatched to the top of your PS2 giving it a new place for you to put in the disks even when it is turned off (like a Gamecube in a way), but it also makes the PS2 a tad taller and overall more bulier. It isnt hard to find online or in your nearest China Town and its reasonable cheap. Now you will also need a pair of Swap Disks which are put into your PS2 in order to kind of "get it ready" to play any Japanese game your about to play. Does this everytime you want to play a import seems like a hassle at first, but it doesnt take long at all and you dont even have to restart your console. The total price for these two items should amount to around 40 dollars and assuming you had a PS2 to begin with, its cheaper in a long run than buying another one of a different nationality. Im sorry if this wasnt the case for you and this post was useless though :/
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.