Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

The true meaning of video game baseball

Discussion in the Video Games forum
The true meaning of video game baseball
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I, your humble local drunken stud, have rediscovered the true meaning of video game baseball in its purest and truest form. Complete with all the teams in the Central and Pacific League, this game has entertained us all at one point in our life, and has most likely left us frustrated and throwing the controller at something/someone. Perhaps a dog or two have been kicked as a result of this game.

The great irony of this game is that, as it is absolutely impossible to control, it is a great metaphor for the game of baseball; complex in its little bits and pieces, confusing, leaving you with a feeling of "what now?"

This game my friends, is Fami-Star Baseball, or if you're back in the Western Hemisphere, you might know it as RBI baseball. Not difficult it is to find an old Fami-con (got mine for 4000 yennies), and even easier it is to find one of these games (picked it up for a measley 300). This has kept me out of bars (at times) and has even resulted in a great battle between a Scotty and a Trini, two men who had never even had any interest in the game of baseball, now come from the other side of town to play the game on a regular basis.

Citizens of somewhere, join me in this quest to bring back the pure and difficult form of viddy-ball. Rock on. Be awesome to each other.
Comments
Re: The true meaning of video game baseball
[ Author: NiGHTS | Posted: Sep 6, 2006 12:31 PM | TYS Fan ]

I'd play more if the music wasn't so excrusiating....I definately was not the best at RBI, my cousins constantly thwumped me.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.