Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Huge news about the future of Pawapuro Team

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Huge news about the future of Pawapuro Team
On the Yabe-kun blog on the official Pawapuro website, Yabe updated with his "eavesdropping" of Pawapuro Team's meeting about the next gen systems. Here is a rough translation.

"There were a lot of guys who wanted to develop for PS3 and wanted the high specs the system brings. They mainly thought of what future titles could be like. PS3 also has the ability to play Blu-Ray.

Wii's unique controller was also a point raised. This encourages exercise and physical activity. Since many of the people work only at a desk all day, getting exercise is a key issue. A point was also made about Wii's ability in social settings to get people playing together.

Then there was the Xbox 360, which has been popular within Pawapuro Team lately. It released first, so it also has the most games. The most important thing with the 360 is Xbox Live and online capabilities. The ability to download demos, game updates, and play against other players is very nice. It sounds interesting just hearing about the capabilities."

I think it all boils down to what is easiest to develop for. PS3 is supposed to be a nightmare to develop for, and Xbox360 is supposed to be fairly easy. Also, it seems like both systems are pretty much even when it comes to processing power. PS3 will take more than a year to get decent games and drop in price. Xbox360 is affordable right now.

This is a huge move by Konami, and I really think it's just a common sense and budget move by them. It's supposed to be very difficult for companies to break even on PS3 games.

I won't have any objection to this, as long as Pro Yakyu Spirits on 360 doesn't keep looking like it did last year. It looked like crap, especially when compared to MLB2K7's graphics. Now it seems like Wii may be the one system I won't own out of this generation.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.