Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Baseball L!VE 2005

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Baseball L!VE 2005
Baseball L!VE 2005 marks Namco's fourth year trying to battle Konami for the 3D yakyu game crown. The graphics in this series aren't as well done as the Pro Yakyu Spirits series, but many fans say the gameplay is better.

Namco will be teaming up with Fuji TV yet again. Dugout reports from popular female announcer, Kyoko "Ucchi" Uchida, and Fuji TV style prensentation are just a couple examples of what the tie up will bring.

Another strong point this year includes the revamped Jinsei Mode(now called Gekijo Mode), in which one can control a single player for his career.

News updates, translations, and reviews on this series will be posted here.
Comments
Re: Baseball L!VE 2005
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 4, 2005 4:56 PM | CLM Fan ]

Here are many more pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Baseball L!VE 2005 releases on 4/21 for 7140 yen.
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Mar 5, 2005 6:34 AM ]

This game reminds me of 989 MLB series. If the gameplay is good I'm all for it. By the way, who are the Railways? In the pics, there's a team called the railways. Can you create a team?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 5, 2005 7:54 AM | CLM Fan ]

Those pictures are from a mode called Dream League. They have 12 original teams made up, and a full season consists of 60 games. You basically have to create the team from the ground up. You must scout, draft, and train players before the season starts.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 14, 2005 1:25 PM ]

i really wish that a Yakyu game gets released in English for American systems, about 2 years ago i was seriously looking into gettin a japanese PS2 and one of the games (forget which one)...but then i realized that i cant read japanese

this looks like a pretty good game
[ Author: Michael | Posted: Jul 22, 2005 8:55 AM | CLM Fan ]

The Dream League has my interest in thinking about buying the game .Has anyone tested out that part yet and can give a brief run down of teams and the season set up for the Dream league?

[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:15 PM ]

Can someone please post any impressions of this game?

I would like to know how it compares to Pro Spirits 2!

Thanks,

Bob
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 26, 2005 2:54 AM | CLM Fan ]

I picked it up. It's not that good. There are some nice touches like check swings, but it's not enough. To give you an idea on the realism, Tuffy Rhodes hit 18 HRs in April during a simulated season. Famitsu gave the game a combined score of 28 out of 40.

I think the game could be decent, but the graphics need a lot of work.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 5, 2005 10:55 AM ]

I just received my copy today. Can anyone please provide some translations for beginner play. The pitch speed seems much faster compared to Pro Spirits. How would I adjust pitch speed, camera angles, assisted fielding, Saving to memory card.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Bob
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 9, 2005 12:08 PM ]

Can yanyone please tell me if they figured out how to hit the cutoff man in Baseball Live 2005? Also if there is a way to slow down the pitches similar to Konami Pro Spirits.

Also, if there is a zone or timing based hitting rather than a cursor?

Thanks,
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: May 11, 2005 8:35 AM ]

i think is x+L1..cause the bases are x+dpad(base you want)
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 12, 2005 3:29 AM ]

Thanks,

The X+L1 worked great for hitting the cutoff!

Please let me know of any other tanslations that would help!

[ Author: Guest: Chris | Posted: Jun 6, 2005 3:41 AM ]

I have a friend that lives in Tokyo...If they send me this game to me will it work on my PS2...Sorry if its a dumb question but im not sure Thanks
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 7, 2005 4:20 AM ]

If you have a North American or European PS2, you'll need either a slide card or a mod chip to play Japanese PS2 games.

Do a google search. These devices are cheap and easy to find.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 12, 2005 3:59 AM ]

I am selling my Baseball Live 2005 if anyone is interested.

You can email me at yankeefan440@yahoo.com

[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Jul 10, 2005 8:52 AM ]

Just got this game and played a couple of hours with it. Here's my review:

First, this game brings back memory of the All Star Baseball franchise.

The graphics is OKAY but no Pro Yakyu Spirits. Some of the faces look weird ie: Batista and Rhodes. Also, the body poportion leave something to be desire. It's like every power hitter have fat thighs.

One thing I hate so far is the fielding mechanism. I hate pressing X + the direction pad to throw to the bases. It becomes a bother expecially doing double plays because you have to press X + Up for second base than X + left for first. Too complicated IMO.

The fielding camera is better than Pro Yakkyu IMO. Its more higher and you can see the whole field.

I LOVE the pitching in this game. The meter controls the power and the control of your pitches. You have to time both for an effective pitch.

The batting cursor is a working progress. There's four type of cursors but none suit me well. This is were Konami leave this game in the dust.

There's some really little things that I like in this game. There's check swings, great replays, players smiling , the injuries are the best I've seen, and when you start giving hits after hits the catcher signal you to settle down and pitch low.

There a lot of modes but I haven't touch them yet. I'm still getting used to it.

One thing I find strange was Chiba Marines star Fukuura band song when he bats. It sounds like a italian song now. Did they change it in real life? I liked the beat. I also like Benny shouts when he bats.

DUM DUM DUM.....BENNY.....DUM DUM DUM.... BENNY

[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Jul 12, 2005 5:49 AM ]

I found out how to make the player models look decent and not fat all the time.

Go to option and change the ratio to 16:9 for widescreen. Although some players look skinny, its way better than the default fatty look.

now if I could just get good on the batting cursors.
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Jul 12, 2005 5:51 AM ]

oh, and Gekijo Mode sucks. You only could look behind the player in the outfield of infield but can't move him from the behind-the-player camera like I saw in pro yakyuu spirits 2. All you do is hit when its your turn and field normaly from a high view. pathetic.
[ Author: skinzo | Posted: Jul 12, 2005 5:55 AM ]

Hey bigman, if ya reading this can you tell me why famitsu gave this game a low score.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 22, 2005 10:12 AM ]

"First, this game brings back memory of the All Star Baseball franchise."

Ah, I remember playing All Star Baseball 2003 for PS2. It was a terrible game to play, fielding was totally unresponsive in that game. If this game is anything like All Star Baseball was I can see why it got the score it did.

Though it seems Hyper Playstation 2 gave it 8 and a 9. I been playing video games for a long time and I've never heard of them. I go with the Famitsu rating more, they gave it a 7, according to Famitsu it's average but nowhere near the level of Konami's Jikkyuo Powerful Pro Yakyu is.

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/732/732141/#previews
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Jul 22, 2005 10:01 PM ]

Its not THAT bad, but there are some bad moments in the game that shows the average acore. The graphics far away is really good (especially from the behind the Pitcher camera) but the close ups to faces is where the problem lies. And the biggest problem in this game are the dives. Everytime you do a dive to catch the ball and throw it to base the runners are always safe. There's a huge delay in the animation. First time I've experienced a glitch in a japanese baseball game. Overall its good from time to time but just isn't fun like both konami series.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 12, 2005 8:41 PM ]

I am selling my Baseball Live 2005 if anyone is interested.

You can email me at yankeefan440@yahoo.com

Edit: I just sold it! Thanks
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.