Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Let's Make A Pro Yakyu Team 3

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Let's Make A Pro Yakyu Team 3
Let's Make A Pro Yakyu Team 3 is set to release sometime this summer. This is a management game in which you don't play in games at all. The level of Japanese in the game is overwhelming to anyone who doesn't know a decent amount of the language.
Comments
Re: Let's Make A Pro Yakyu Team 3
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jul 27, 2005 5:48 AM | CLM Fan ]

This game isn't getting much love here, but Famitsu just gave it a PLATINUM score. I don't know the exact score, but it's enough to get me excited for it.

If Pawapuro's level of Japanese is too tough, though, don't even think about picking this game up.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jul 27, 2005 6:39 AM | CLM Fan ]

[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 27, 2005 5:18 PM ]

A smaller media footage is right hereit's just a smaller clip of the one shown already)

It's available in Windows Media Player and Quicktime format.

http://media.www.gamestats.com/media/734/734320/vids_1.html
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 27, 2005 5:21 PM ]

Also according to this article this game has the inclusion of real online play to it. You can put your team up against anyone in Japan via a network battle mode.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/593/593618p1.html
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 27, 2005 7:18 PM ]

Here's the home website in Japanese: It looks like "Lets Make a Pro Yakyu Team 3 comes out on the 28th.

http://www.yakyutsuku.com/
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Jul 28, 2005 1:59 AM ]

I'm not really into this game a lot. I'm not a micro management type of player but the concept sounds good. I like the animation of the follow up swings for homeruns. It looks really realistic. It's a shame really that this game have better animation and graphics than Baseball live 2005.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jul 31, 2005 10:06 PM | CLM Fan ]

Well, this game has surprised me. The motions are some of the best I've seen. It's way more representative of true Japanese baseball than any of the other games. Most people would find watching the matches to be very boring, but I enjoy it so far.

Basically, you take your favorite team, relocate them and put them under a different company. You only have a certain amount of money to work with at the start, so you have to make cuts to make budget. I picked the Marines and had to cut Lee, Franco, Kobayashi Masahide, Fujita, Hori, Kawai, Serafini, Kuroki, Morozumi, Hirashita, and Inoue. Our home base is Okinawa now. This is what the team looks like after this huge exodus of players.

1. Kosaka(SS)
2. Nishioka(2B)
3. Fukuura(1B)
4. Benny(LF)
5. Hatsushiba(DH)
6. Saburo(CF)
7. Imae(3B)
8. Satozaki(C)
9. Otsuka(RF)

Bench: Hashimoto, Tsuji, Watanabe Masato, and Daita

Rotation: Shimizu, Watanabe Shunsuke, Kobayashi Hiroyuki, Ono, Kubo, and Komiyama

Bullpen: Tejima, Tobe, Yamazaki, Kato, Yamakita, and Yabuta(closer).

My only gripes are no instant replays, no highlights, and I haven't been able to interact with players yet.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Aug 9, 2005 5:12 PM | CLM Fan ]

Well, in my 9th year, I finally made it past the first round of the playoffs, but it looks like we won't win the pennant. We missed out on having an even series by a single game in the standings. Since the Fighters have a handicap, all they have to do is win two games to advance. They just won game 1.

My lineup goes something like this...

1. Tsuyoshi Nishioka - Home grown and converted from 2B to SS. Solid everyday player.
2. Hatsuhiko Tsuji - Gold glove 2B with solid average and double digit HRs.
3. Anthony - Fictional Cuban gaijin outfielder who's won the homerun title in his first two seasons. Has above average speed and defense.
4. Fernando Seguignol - Switch hitting power hitter 1B from Panama. Can easily hit over 40 homeruns in a full season.
5. Ralph Bryant - Amazing power, above average defense, but mediocre batting average. Usually plays CF.
6. Koichi Tabuchi - Hall of fame catcher that we got in the draft last year. He's good for 30-40 homeruns for many years, and has very solid defense.
7. Atsunori Inaba - Solid outfielder with decent average and 20+ homerun capability. Replaced Saburo and Otsuka when they got too old to play.
8. Hisashi Kubota - Sleeper draft pick. Was predicted to be nothing, but has become a two time Best Nine player. Puts up solid .300 and 15+ HR numbers every year.
9. Toshiaki Imae - We could definitely use an upgrade here, as Imae peaked as a .250 15-18 HR kind of player.

My pitchers...

Hiroshi Gondoh - Chunichi pitcher from the 1960s. Very solid ERA and 15-20 wins a year.

Hisanobu Watanabe - Seibu pitcher from the 80s and 90s. Took a few years to blossom, but is now in the middle of the rotation.

Kyuji Fujikawa - Bought via free agency. Put up solid numbers as a closer for a couple years, but is now slowing down with age.

Tomoyuki Kubota - Also bought via free agency. Was a solid reliever for a year, but isn't putting up good numbers anymore.

Yuuya Andoh - Yes, I bought all of Hanshin's staff via FA. Andoh's been weak for most of his time with us. His ERA is like Nomo's and he has only been able to reach 10 wins once.

Koji Mise - Drafted as a 22 year old rookie. His rookie year has been amazing. 0-0-31 with an ERA of around 1.07.

[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Aug 9, 2005 7:20 PM ]

Sega's baseball simulator Let's Make a Pro Yakyu Team 3 was at number 2. Number 1 was Banpresto's Super Robot Wars Alpha 3.

The Japanese video game market throughout August will probably heat up some more, then after the Tokyo Game Show in September it will probably will speed up a lot. Grandia 3, a RPG published by Square Enix and developed by Game Arts, will probably dominate next week's rankings.

http://www.m-create.com/eng/e_ranking.html
http://www.gamespot.com/news/sales_chart_japan_sales.html
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.